ironbb

Good sight for Machine gun

8 posts in this topic

i'm Getting a SWD M11 and i have the full intention of getting the 5.56 upper Now my plan is to get myself a bi pod a few 100 round drums and basically use it like a Light Machine gun and looking for what would be a good fit 

Hi Ironbb,

All kidding aside, a good set of iron sights can be amazing.  I got the opportunity to shoot IPSC steel targets @ 150 yards in March.  Multiple round bursts resulted in multiple rings of the target.  While not hi-tech, a good set of irons works in very adverse conditions, is light weight, and quite robust.  I've even attached a set of MBUS flip-up sights on a short rail and had great results.  Just flip them down when you pack-up to keep them from getting damaged in transit.  You can't get lighter than a set of MBUS.

As usual, YMMV.

Enjoy,

Grasshopper

MBUS Sights are Great but in my opinion they are Back up sights but i get that i should know where it's hitting with irons before moving on to optics 

Yes, the Lage .556 upper for the mac is great. I've put several thousand rounds through mine. Its very accurate and I can do single and double taps.

But it does have a somewhat light profile barrel. Be careful with the 100 rd drums. My forearm heats up with 30 rd mag dumps.

I recommend a trijicon 4x32 for the optic. you can ring steel at 300+ yd. BP

12 hours ago, BPinFL said:

Yes, the Lage .556 upper for the mac is great. I've put several thousand rounds through mine. Its very accurate and I can do single and double taps.

But it does have a somewhat light profile barrel. Be careful with the 100 rd drums. My forearm heats up with 30 rd mag dumps.

I recommend a trijicon 4x32 for the optic. you can ring steel at 300+ yd. BP

yeah i can imagine it getting hot quickly but i'm thinking the bi pod i'm wanting will help significantly with that and a good choice i'll look into it 

I use a Trijicon 4 x 32 on my Lage upper and m16 uppers.

in addition to Lage....make sure you follow "the redneck engineer"'s progress on his mac 556 Ultimac upper. See uzitalk forum for details.

1 person likes this