Transferable RIA M60 looks to be unfired

D.Harris

There are reported to be ~500 RIA built guns out there.   My personal gun is in the 200 serial range.

I know there was a batch of 100 E1 gun from Maremont that were released at one point through a single dealer and another 25ish verfied E3s built guns released later on.   I have heard rumors of another 100 round batch of guns from Maremont as well.

Add in all the Catco, Metrotech, Phoenix Armory, Charles Erb, original T161s, Form1 parts build,.... etc. and my best guess is that there are probably around 1000ish transferable M60s out there give or take a couple hundred.  If forced to give a range I would say that 700 to 1300 is probably a pretty conservative range guestimate on the total number of transferable M60s out there in private hands.

Hope this helps.

FWIW, the rumor than Maremont only sold big 50-100 gun batches is simply that - a rumor - they also

sold guns to dealers in small batches (3 at a time, 5 at a time, etc) according to a dealer who bought

multiple purchases that way...

My guess ~1500 transferables with perhaps ~1000 outside black-hole type collections

Agreed, Maremont sold individuals guns or small order off as well.  My post wasn't meant to imply that every Maremont gun out there came from one or two big deals.

I was just trying to list the known big blocks of transferable M60s,  which included the RIA guns and the known deals with Maremont that were for a sizeable number of guns.

As you mentioned there may very well be numerous transferable Maremonts that will never see the civilian transferable pool.  Guns with 07/02 government contractors (Dillon),  guns with large private collectors or museums (Knights), as well as guns inside law enforcement agency armories that all while technically "transferable" are most likely never going to be available for sale to you or me.