RIA Auction today

MAH

IT WAS CRAZY....

Used FN SCAR 16S 17S were above MSRP.. Lots of the stuff was that way.

They did have some nice stuff.. but I refuse to get caught up in the rat race.  I know my limits and held fast.. and picked up nothing.  

for years i was live on the phone for every lot every day at ROCK ISLAND and managed to snag enough to make it well worth my time. when doing auctions, its very important to be able to hear the auctioneer directly. its a sad fact they often will claim an increase and no one has bid in order to get things near the level they know it will sell.  when they DO get an actual bid , its pretty easy to tell due to the excitement in his voice and the speed he calls. the main thing you cant deal with is bidders that forget all the adders after the hammer falls. recently ROCK ISLAND started charging sales tax on all invoices without a legit exemption certificate on file. that can mean a 25% addition with the buyers premium.  ego can be another issue from bidders. all that said and done a few good buys did occur. on another note the MORPHYS auction (no sales tax! ) had several very good buys with no surprises at the end. some of the lots at first glance appeared to be junk but if you had the time and skills plenty of room. that butchered BROWNING .30 MARANA GUN at just over $10k was an easy fix.

When I deal with RIA auctions, I tag it as 18% markup due to the 15% buyer premium +1% for live bidding, and +2% for all the miscellaneous costs like shipping.. I would print all the items I plan to bid on, calculate the max I will ever bid on it, and write it down on that sheet..  Something special I might bit tad higher.. but never that much higher.

I don't know about you.. but I enjoy listening to that lady's voice.  :D