Delay in mailing out approved forms?

I have several customer's transfers that have been approved; one 4/2/2020 and one 4/23/2020, I have still not received the forms in the mail.

Both customers bought 2 NFA firearms a total of four form 4s, I did receive two of the four forms (one for each customer) approved the same day as the two missing forms.

Anyone else experiencing this? 

BTW transfer time was exactly 8 months.

UPDATE; Forms received after submitting a request for the forms or copies. 

What I think happened; two of the guns I sold were personal, and not listed in my inventory, sold to local residents on F4. On the pinkish copy they include with the forms had my old address from 15 years ago, which would have been on the original form when I bought the guns; the actual F4 I submitted had my current address. I did get both of the forms with the stamp, not copies,  but oddly my name and address were hand-written on a business-size envelope.  

Edited by Frank Iannamico

FRANK, all my recent approvals (9)  were in hand 7-9 days after the date at the bottom of the forms, so they were all sent right out. max wait for approval was  8 months for C+R and less than 55 days for the 8 modern arms !

Recently received Eight F4's (MG's, cans and SBR's) to a Trust ..... on same day, mailed to my SOT. Each F4 was in a separate envelope. They ranged from 13 month to 5 months since sent in.  Sounds like they "batched" my applications.  Our local Sheriff's Fingerprint office still closed, so been a real PITA awaiting that reopening.  FWIW, Ted

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 10:16 AM, Texas said:

I’m still waiting on a form 4 to arrive approved on 4/24.  The wait for my first MG seems never ending.

Read my updated post above

I'm glad that you enjoyed the MAC book; I was fortunate to get the assistance of my friend Don Thomas, who worked for MAC and was their historian. He provided many vintage photos from the 1970s, which without his efforts would have been lost to history. I made several trips to GA and met up with Don, he took me to all the old MAC buildings, and we were able to gain access and tour the old factory on Glover Ave, and WerBell's "FARM". MAC collector Jeff Hooper and I met with Wayne Daniel in Tennesse. Wayne provided a lot of inside info on MAC RPB and SWD. 

Edited by Frank Iannamico

My dealer got my form 4 back finally.  I submitted a request for a certified copy at 30 days and a week later he got the original form with stamp.  Not sure what happened but glad its over with. I assume you are the author of The Mac Man book?  I really enjoyed reading it, great job.

I received my customer about 8 months (really longer but he sat on it before sending).

Funny you guys are mentioning about MACs.. was looking into getting a M11/9.  Missed a good one by only couple of hours.

• 2 weeks later...