Who does Valmet conversion to Galils?

AaronD

well one could call anything "created after the fact" a  franken gun or much worse . they certainly have a place, the real deal is just too out of reach for many. even if you can afford the tariff , you gotta find it!   as a matter of fact the first lot of GALIL's were made in quantity (small) using contracted VALMET receivers , the first one or two were "scrounged" and the design worked up so look at it from that prospective and make your own decision. if it works for you the heck with everyone else. I never followed and "stiched" quite a few oddballs myself that gave me great joy. cheers mike

• 2 weeks later...

You need to talk to Don Quinnell. When I bought my Valmet M78 7.62x39 machinegun a year and a half ago, I discovered the trunion was cracked. I told the seller about it and he got in touch with Don. I sent the gun to him and the 1st thing out of Don's mouth was "Hey man, let me turn that into a Galil for you". I wanted the gun left original so he got a new trunion for me and got the gun fixed better than new. He bridged the rail where the sear cut was made during the conversion and got everything else brought up to snuff. He told me he has converted a ton of Valmets over the years. He got my gun fixed to better than new. I couldn't be more pleased with his work and the seller, Rubin Mendoila paid for everything. I couldn't be more pleased with how both Rubin & Don conducted themselves.

As far a conversions, I have kept my eyes open for another Valmet to do just that. Let us know how this turns out..........

Donand Quinnell 239-334-6779

email: dgsmfg@aol.com

Edited by Delta-10

• 1 month later...

I am curious.  Is the gun transferable?  Caliber?  Model? Does it run?  I would think that that doing this to a milled receiver gun is not the greatest idea because the milled guns, especially the 7.62x39 guns, are so rare to begin with.  And doing it to a stamped gun defeats the purpose because a galil is milled.  For example, I would think you would be better off selling an M62 conversion and buying a converted galil.  Just my thoughts.