FIrearm Insurance

I am curious to see how folks are insuring their firearms.  I know that a safe is probably the best tool to keep ahold of your possesions.  Also, your general homeowner policies are not that great when it comes to insurance.  I just wanted to get an idea or some feebback or references for insurance.

Thanks,

Chad

We only insure items of necessity or those that carry substantial potential liability issues.   We don't insure toys... because well, they're toys and if you lose one you go back to the sandbox and get another?  If you think you are tying up a substantial portion of your net worth and are afraid to lose it, sometimes it better to put the money elsewhere?  I have friends that lose 20-50K a year in fees on their investments but they don't insure against that loss?  Everything is relative in life including "risk tolerance".  Oddly, the larger collections I know of are uninsured for the most part, because it costs tens of thousands to insure.  HTH

• 3 weeks later...

I use eastern.  Not bad bad priced.  They cover not just nfa but semi ammo reloading.etc.  the best part is they also provide insurance for shipping.  They are very easy to work with.  Unfourtunatly I actually had a claim a few years back. It was very smooth process.  Here's what happened you decide if it's worth it.  Ypu do need to list out any item over 10k bit dont need to give serial.  I had about 100k insurance for around 300 give or take.

Here is what happened. So 2 of us were shooting a suppressed barret.  At some point the can was taken off and dropped on the ground.  We put the can back on the gun and the next shot the can flewoff like a rpg and buried 6inches in the mud.  I was the shooter and I can tell.ypu 50bmg baffel.strike is not fun for the shooter.  Was shooting on tripod on a table knocked me.in my ass.  Can pretty much destroyed as.you can imagine.  Turns out debris in the can from the drop caused a baffel strike.  Eastern made me get letter.from barret it was non repairable.  Then paid out current market replacement retail.  Forwarded one for sale from dealer.website.  they paid out that amount plus shipping and TAXES too.  Less 250 deductible. Within 2 weeks from the incident.   So that is my.experience.  I would reccomend it its already.paid for its self.  A 50bmg can is not cheap.....  also if.you.send 2 average nfa items.once a year it pays for its self in not having to purchase postal insurance or registered mail.fees.