Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Texas

SOT dealer moved during transfer

4 posts in this topic

The dealer handling my nfa transfer moved four days before my paperwork was approved by the ATF.  Am I going to have to file the paperwork again or can the ATF just update the address and send it again?

As long as YOU havent moved before the transfer took place, your fine. The dealer legally has to notify the batf that he was moving and they would inspect the new premises and issue a updated license to him. This might delay your paperwork a bit as the batf is a typical incompetent government entity. Now they hopefully can find the paperwork and send it to his new address and not his old address.  

I'm sure your SOT used a forwarding mail request with the USPS.

My last approve Form 4 (5 days ago) states  the following on the front of the envelope:

Forwarding Service Requested

Report any address changes to NFA Division at (304) 616-4500

Good Luck

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 6:47 PM, Texas said:

The dealer handling my nfa transfer moved four days before my paperwork was approved by the ATF.  Am I going to have to file the paperwork again or can the ATF just update the address and send it again?

As long as the FFL/SOT is still in the same state there is nothing you need to do.  Your transfer will continue as previously expected.  Also, it takes more than 4 days for the ATF to actually send out the paperwork after approval, sometimes as long as a month, so don't get nervous if your dealer doesn't have it yet.