Buying off of Gunbroker

Swebb22

well I feel like this could be a dumb question, but is there a general consensus on buying a 1919 off of GB? the only person I've messaged said he bought it from a professional manufacturer, but wouldn't say which one (or at least hast responded yet). I would much rather connect with someone on here and buy it that way, but sometimes its hard to find what you want. 

My other question would be, what is a fair price for the gun only? (no accessories at all).

Again, sorry for lots of questions. I'm new to this and want to do my due diligence. I have the links for the GB listings I can post if that would help make an assessment. I didn't want to call anyone out individually in case it was their ad

Thanks again.

It has been my experience that about 90 percent never return emails. Your best bet to buy a 1919 would be to go on the 1919 web site. Lots of info there and guns for sale. Prices have gone way up on the 1919s. They are drying up. So you should act fast. A yr ago you could buy a bare gun for 2000.00. Now , 3 to 4 thousand. If i was buying one, i would look for one with everything included ( tripod, pintle, t and e, links, spare parts) way cheaper usually and your all ready to shoot. Belt feds are a real step up from everything else . they are exspensive to run and parts and accessories cost alot and they are heavy pigs to lug around. 

I just sold a semi-auto 1919 built by Rapid Fire on gunbroker. It sold for $3,000 + $150 shipping. Gun only, no mount or accessories. I started it $1 with no reserve. I had been hoping for a little more, and most I've see listed have minimum bids higher than that. Still have a FN tripod for it if anyone needs one...

don't believe everything you see (a lot) posted on 1919 many regulars are axxwipes  ! there are still plenty out there for less than $2k if you look!  one example went unanswered HERE on sturm for less than $1700. and was offered several times since FEB. in 2 calibers. I know its hard to believe when you see the parts kits at the levels they are asking today, but in fact many are NOT selling at $1300. even with the high asking prices. it all boils down to what circle you run in. play with only the guys at 1919 and its the high end. watch the "other" sources and anything is possible. I was offered 2 complete mint izzy kits in march for $1200. ea and passed. I just have too many and no time.  its a sad tale, but early on the power's to be made the 1919 board a money source and they protect and serve a select few vendors.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm okay on buying form GB as long as the seller is a known good seller... I guess that would be true from forums as well. I also do web searches for the firearm to ensure the photos of the seller posted isn't just stolen photos from a real seller..