Lifespan of an M-11? (First Post)

Uzi_does_it

Given that MAC's are some of the cheapest MG's one can buy, they seem like a pretty good value considering Lage uppers and such. But what if that $7,000 transferrable breaks?

Is there a limit to how long an M10/M11 receiver will last? Is it legal to reweld them or even cut the serial number out and weld the piece to a build?

There is not much that can go wrong with a Mac. They will last a life time. You can fix them whenever needed which will not be much. No you can not cut out the serial number and weld it to anything without facing jail time. That is one spot that can not be touched. 

Mac 11's are pretty much bullet-proof. I've got aver 5000 rounds of 9mm, .22 and .223 through one.  Had to reweld the backplate twice.

Definately need the Lage uppers. I put a Max15 on mine last year and put 1500+ rds through it since without a hiccup. 30 rd mag dumps? No problem!

I got the stamp back on mine about 6 months or so and I’ve done close to 12,000 rnds threw it I didn’t like the wear it got from the semi auto trip so I just pulled it out the wear is normal on m10s and m11s I’ve seen about 7 others with the exact same wear I just didn’t like it and figured it’s stupid to put extra wear on the gun when I can just eliminate it entirely. I think most people recommend replacing the buffer pad ever 5-6k rnds that’s probably there biggest failure point on them.