WTS: Auto Ord Bridgeport M1A1 - Price Lowered again $18,750

Poormana

C&R Thompson M1A1, serial number  737328.  On Form 5

Very good condition.  Runs flawlessly. Price includes shipping to your SOT or -03 ffl.  3-day non-firing inspection period allowed and if not as advertised, you can return for full refund of purchase price, minus shipping cost (you pay return shipping and insurance).  

Following accessories are included:  3x30 round mags

The Thompson is from my father’s estate.  He was a serious collector and this Thompson was one of his favorite pieces.  

$20,000, $18,750 USPS Registered Mail shipping included.  50% down will get paperwork going, balance due prior to shipping.  Funds must clear prior to shipping.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at PoormanaREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com.  Additional pics on request.   

I noticed after taking the pictures there is a small "S" stamped into the back of the fore-grip back near the mag slot.   I can Facetime with you to show you the gun if you like.  

Full price offer gets the three Thompson books thrown in.  imageproxy.php?img=&key=898bd455c4915183imageproxy.php?img=&key=898bd455c4915183imageproxy.php?img=&key=898bd455c4915183

First definite “I’ll take it” gets it.  Not interested in trades at this time. 

Andrew Poorman

Portland, Oregon

IMG_6906.JPGIMG_6909.JPGIMG_6913.JPGIMG_6915.JPGIMG_6914.JPG

Edited by Poormana
Price Lowered

Yes.  I'm not entirely sure what that means other than I think it was re-armored by the military (perhaps after coming back from lend lease?) and they didn't match serial numbers when they put them back together.   

For some reason I can't add more pictures to the post.  Email me if you want more pics.  I have one showing the serial number on the bottom of the receiver.

Andy

On 4/22/2020 at 1:00 PM, Poormana said:

Yes.  I'm not entirely sure what that means other than I think it was re-armored by the military (perhaps after coming back from lend lease?) and they didn't match serial numbers when they put them back together.   

For some reason I can't add more pictures to the post.  Email me if you want more pics.  I have one showing the serial number on the bottom of the receiver.

Andy

In fact, the armorers began eliminating the mismatched serial number from the lower, so there would be no confusion as to which serial number (i.e., the receiver number) was correct.   That information is in Frank Iannamico's book.  Therefore, the number on the lower shouldn't detract from this gun.  It's very nice.

16 hours ago, hopalong said:

In fact, the armorers began eliminating the mismatched serial number from the lower, so there would be no confusion as to which serial number (i.e., the receiver number) was correct.   That information is in Frank Iannamico's book.  Therefore, the number on the lower shouldn't detract from this gun.  It's very nice.

Thanks Hopalong.  I love the history of these guns almost as much as the guns themselves.   It's fun (and sometimes haunting) to think of where they have been and what they have gone through.   Truly living history.  

• Like 1

I don't think AOC is stamped on it.  What does that mean?

I have agreed on a price and received payment.  We are awaiting the paperwork to go through.   The sale is complete pending a paperwork failure.

Andy

The manufacturer AOC = Auto-Ordnance or S= Savage is marked on the bottom behind the front grip mount.

The lower is Savage Mfg. FULL and  AUTO are on two separate lines. AO- lowers have FULL AUTO on one line.

Edited by Frank Iannamico