Welrod Clone Pistol from Innovative Arms

Mugsy9010

I saw a few pics on social media recently of a guy shooting a Welrod clone pistol made by Innovative Arms in So Carolina. I've wanted one of these for 10+ years so I reached out to Innovative via email and got a return phone call from the owner yesterday and was pretty excited to learn he's building a list of interested "Welrod" customers. His "prototype" pictured below is .32acp and is entirely scratch built by them, he claims the suppression is excellent and the internals are upgraded to a more modern serviceable baffle system with a single wipe at the muzzle. He said that he's about 8-12 months backlogged with current orders right now so it will be at least that long, but as I said I've been looking for a decent clone for over 10 years, so I'll wait. The prototype he made was done for personal use and testing on manual machines so the pricing for a CNC made unit isn't all worked out but a $1200-$1400 ballpark is what he was thinking.

If interested, the email address to use to get on the list is info@innovativearms.com. Just put "Please add me to the Welrod waiting list" in the subject line and include your contact info. 

I'm not a shill for Innovative, and have no interest other than I want this to happen so I can get one for myself. The more interest he sees in the marketplace the more likely they will actually get made. Having said that, I do have a suppressed Ruger Mk4 and a micro .22 can they made and am very happy with both.

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

Not sure how they will sell these with the liability insurance issues of not having a trigger guard nor a positive safety. I would like one as well. It looks like they ahve some issues to straighten out in the prototype given the above pictures.

BRETT, had I said that , it would have been trashed / zapped or what ever. you certainly would not have seen it. are you secretly mailing Cheetos and clean under wear to someone? no matter GOOD CALL  I have handled the units in the pattern room long ago and it looks like "INOVATIVE" hit it spot on. the only thing I could see wrong was they were CLEAN and looked like nice commercial builds rather than typical issue.. I have a spot for a couple for sure.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been looking for a Welrod (or clone).  Love to have one.  I wouldn't mind having one of the B&T VP9.. but I don't foresee easily getting those.

Edited by Ryo

• 2 weeks later...

I hold the bolt closed with my thumb on my Amphibian and it is manual action and all you hear is the bullet impact.

But it still has 9 more rounds to go! There is a small pop out of the ejection port. Armadillos hate me.