Knob Creek April 2020 Show / Shoot

AirCav73

As of yesterday from the office. Yes.   At that point the only thing that would prevent it is if the Gov. declared a State of Emergency limiting the number of people that can assemble. Lots of variables out there, we'll see. The Derby is scheduled for May 2 and I got to think that has to add a lot of pressure to the decision. The party goes on for 2 weeks before the derby, huge revenue for KY. That would be a much bigger factor in a Governor decision than Creek would IMHO>

• Like 1

I’ve been wondering if it’s gonna be a go or not. Even if it is, I’m questioning if I wanna go. Not that I’m super paranoid bout this virus but then again why put myself at undue risk? They have shut down schools here in Ohio and it’s getting closer to shutting down more things. I wanna go the KC but I’m not sure its a smart idea at this point. 

It's on for several reasons, mainly because it's outside.  If people are afraid to go outside we have an insanity problem.  If you are old and feel threatened by the flu don't go, it's as easy as that.  Last time I was there 6' spacing was no problem since crowds were pretty light.  This is a private event on private property, if the government steps and doesn't allow it, the virus is the least of our problems.   The pussification of the country is both fascinating and terrorizing at the same time.  If the commies decide to invade and they come ashore with runny noses and sneezing will everyone run to a store, buy TP, and then lock themselves inside their filthy apartments and surrender by email?

They should close it.  Given the latest CDC guidance, why put yourself or family at risk?  A lot of shooters on the line are of advanced age where they are most at risk.  I wouldn’t expect many spectators to show, and think about how close one may be standing next to someone in the pole barn.  We are only a couple weeks away, and as if this morning, the shoot is still on.  What the heck are they thinking?  I will sit this one out.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JoshNC said:

Glad they canceled. It sucks, but these steps at social isolation are our best effort at limiting the spread of this. It’s not a conspiracy. It’s the science of pandemic.

100% agree!

See everyone in October

Edited by pa123guns

I had no idea how far the communists and democrats (but I repeat myself) would go to get rid of Trump.  Players will be paid out later this week in the "stimulus package"......as it was pre-written last fall.

Update 3/20:  Now clearly a hoax  since there is no outcry over traditional influenza numbers and when government is closing beaches and barbershops, it's nothing more than a power and cash grab. 

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

Read the numbers and draw your own conclusions, but I see a trillion dollar hoax and a lot of insider trading.  Government is here to fix all the problems they just artificially created from a below average strain of flu whose numbers are actually minuscule, counting on Americans not being able to do math.  So far it's working.  Phase II in a few weeks they will come out and say as a result of government's hard work, the numbers were greatly reduced by our actions (and payments to our big donors with a trickle to the little people) when in reality the numbers never were there in the first place.  All the while ignoring normal strains of flu that have occurred forever with much higher mortality rates. 

Edited by johnsonlmg41
updated info

There is no evidence that anything they are doing is working or will work.  In S. Korea, who the authorities love to hold up as the model for combating the virus and for containment success, I can still go to a restaurant or a gym.  Not so here.  They use this phrase "abundance of caution" to try and outdo one another in supposed safety measures.  At what point does the "cure" become worse than the disease?  Short-term containments work.  But they're talking about doing this for months?  Insanity.  Or a power grab.  Or both.