Off to the evil auction site Very rare Joe Poyer Australian L2A1 AUS11,

baker72

One of eight Joe poyer L2A1 

semi Auto AUS 11 importer by Joe Poyer gun is  all Matching Number
AUS 11 L1A1A cross flags ABN   Lithgow NSW Australia comes with Six 30 round mags 

I think if this doesn’t sell at this price I will keep it or send it to a shop for consignment sale .

more information 

This From discussion I had with FAL Files forum member  Abominog  he is The author of The FN FAL Primer: The Collector's Guide to the FAL and SLR Riflesand Lithgow! Australia's Self Loading Rifle

I had Said I dont have any paper work with this rifle to which he posted the response “You don't need documentation on AUS 11“ It is one of eight receivers imported above and beyond the 158 rifles by Joe Poyer that was built into an L2A1. The remaining 17 receivers were sold as bare receivers.

These L2s are mentioned on page 124 of The FN FAL Primer: The Collector's Guide to the FAL and SLR Rifles though in hindsight I neglected to identify the "AUS xx" serial number. Anyone who reads this should mark their copy, page 124, third paragraph, with "AUS xx" in the margin

image.jpg3_zpsmkalidi9.jpg

2013-01-11%2013.43.51_zpspjupxmim.jpg

66286D84-1E7C-44D9-B82B-5B647C1D2385_zps

I’m not a professional seller that said please ask all any questions I can provided more photos upon request all sales will be final with no returns I think my prices are fair though I’m always open to barter

thanks much for looking

open to trades on On M1 garand and real Usmc sniper 1903 etc

Edited by baker72
Removed sent off to a evil auction
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, AGG said:

To add to your description, I have seen 5/8 of the Poyer-built L2A1A's--- yours is the only "matching" rifle!!! :D

Tony

Well hell I might put the price back up now Lol , thanks much for the extra info Tony .

cheers Will