I need help with with identifying a Valmet rifle?

Cw1tz

Hello. I am currently working on an article about the rifles that militias own in Europe. During my research, I encountered with a Valmet rifle in Northern Ireland. I assume that its a milled M76 and thats why it has a long barrel (I'm not sure though). But Ive never seen this stock before. Some early valmet rifles have similar stocks but they are not the same. It would be great if you cam help me out. Thanks in advance. 

Pictures of the rifle : https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/05/23/news/gun-used-at-inla-funeral-featured-in-bbc-documentary-1626497/

1 hour ago, Buddy H said:

Probably a " homemade "  replacement stock .......  apparently Valmet threw together rifles with a hodpog of whatever parts were available at the time Valmets9.jpg

And I assume that it has a long barrel since its civilian, right? 

Edited by Cw1tz

the thread  I opened never gave me a close enough view to id much more than it was a Valmet with a milled receiver. while in FINLAND AND ISRAEL I examined several weird variations of the VALMET ,many appeared to be factory but most were almost bubba attempts to keep a weapon functional. this example most likely fits that agenda. most common was a wooden or fiberglass cut off D handle from a garden tool like a spade.  I don't believe ANYTHING left the factory with that small of tube for a stock. yes they used parts up but the parts used had some past application. nothing that small had any past factory history that I am aware of. the LEEDS pattern room in ENGLAND has a pile of VALMET "capture" guns from IRELAND many showing garage improvisations. most are later stamped and .556 . the short straight box profile of the magazine in the gun firing in the air has the look of a 7.62x51 magazine to me but that's only a guess at this point it would take much better pics for a more positive ID.