Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Texas

Making a custom upper for a MG

2 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a Mac 11 and was intrigued by the Lage uppers available for them.  I have been thinking about trying to make a customized upper and finally thought of a design that I believe could work.  Although, I am unsure about the legalities of proceeding to prototyping my design.  I know you can send your prototype to the FATD division of the ATF but that means I would have to make it first and I don't want to accidentally manufacture a machine gun.  Do you need to be a SOT?

an individual can build anything for his own legal nfa weapon to enhance the existing design or change the caliber etc. the "CATCH" is the change cant be a machine gun and fire ALONE! or be made to do so by an "easy" alteration. one such animal was created by the tech people using a shoe string to make one run. you can complete your build then I would suggest you send it off for approval and make a prior agreement with some SOT to receive it should it not pass. they will not prosecute if a fault is found. in that case they would refuse to return it to you .

1 person likes this

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com