M2 carbine 30rd. Magazine

POLLC

I believe they where made by Jahn Manufacturing in 1966 to about 1967 then he was bought out by okay magazines... I may be wrong but I looked in to buying a m2 and read a ton about them not an expert could be completely wrong but I think these mags where contracted by the dod and meant to go to country’s the us gave m1 and m2 carbines to?

• Like 2

Thumpy,  thank you, even the experts weren't sure. Did a search on Jahn Manufacturing and it was a one year production.  It also may have even been used in the Vietnam war? Now it begs the question where was Jahn manufacturing located. Very limited information about Jahn Manufacturing found on the Web.Thank you again. 

No problem... also I think I have the addresses for where it may of been manufactured 

new britian ct 200 Ellis St 

or

Berlin ct 245 New Park Drive

again no idea if that is right... not an expert... but from what I’ve seen those are the only 2 addresses that business ever had... think the Berlin one was storage place ? Idk but lol could be way off.

There is an article on IDing carbine magazines on the CMP website

J= Jahn also made magazines for the M3- M3A1 grease guns during Vietnam, also stamped with a letter J. Those I have seen were all parkerized.

http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Carbine_30_Round_Magazines_September_2007.pdf

Edited by Frank Iannamico
  • Like 3

As previously stated, the J marked magazines were made by Jahn Manufacturing. I believe Jahn held the contract to supply magazines to our military and allies during the Vietnam War.

I have several for my M2 Carbines and they work great! They are kind of pricey at $40 a pop but well worth the money.

In Liberty,

KristopherH

https://connecticutmills.org/find/details/b.-jahn-manufacturing-co

Edited by MontanaRenegade86
  • Like 1