Vietnam Idrang valley veteran bring back AKS

robinrb

I am going to be selling my 1965 vet bring back AK.  The rifle was captured at the north end of the Chupong mtn range on Nov 4 1965.  It was being brought into the mtns as part of a weapons cache for the NVA VC troops holding up in the mtns that were about to fight in the Idrang valley battle. This rifle was captured by one the the chopper pilots that was a developer of air cav tactics for Vietnam. He fought in the ambush that this rifle came from as well as the Idrang valley.  I am interested in some pre may dealer samples as partial trade or cash out.  The rifle was registered in the 68 amnesty and was a regd dewatering.  I have a form 1 of this rifle and it is ready to go. Fully functional with alot of history. I have the bayonet, mag pouch, cleaning kit as well as a vial of russian water decontamination pills that were in the butt stock.  I have the hand written letter from the vet that brought it home as well as a printed letter. If you are interested in this rifle I will give the chopper pilots info and you will be able to look him up on the net.  I've been seeing a few of the vietnam spikes going on auction for 120 grand and up but I am interested in getting this in a collector's hands.  With the provenance that this rifle has I could probably sell it at one of the auction houses but I don't want to deal with them.  The rifle is fully transferable and ready to go. If I don't sell it here I will probably start looking at museums to sell. Not sure how to post pics on here so you will have to email me.  The rifle has claymore damage from the ambush, small bb hole in dust cover, frag bb hole three buttplate and into stock, small piece of fragment you can feel just poking out of pistol grip. Proven battlefield pick up.  Thanks for reading

Edited by robinrb
I am asking 110,000.00. But I am interested in trades plus cash. I am looking for transferable mp40, ppsh, mg34, mg42. Pre may samples would be fine also. Let me know what you have. If you would like pics email me at tim493333@yahoo.com