Veterans Heritage Firearm Act

Charlie Erb

Has any-one out their have any update or Information on The Veterans Heritage Act,  It died in the last 115  Congress, I have asked my Senator  King of Maine to re-introduce  as he was a Co-sponsor in the bill introduced by Senator Cotton of Arizona,  In the last congress, So far no action,  In order for this to ever get introduced we need people in the class 3 community to write to their senators  and congress  people and put a fire under their feet,  providing Trump is re-elected  ,and I think he will, this may be the only chance  of getting something like this thru, Its been 50 years since the last amnesty , the only one we ever had, its long over due,  any  one have any information or updates on this subject  please write on this board or update me direct , Regards  Charlie Erb  Maine Charleserb@hotmail.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Charlie, how many firearms do you think would be registered under an Act like this?  Pre-68 we're talking WWII and Korea vets, primarily.  And while I am sure there are some family members out there that know what they have, I would think a lot don't have a clue.  

I suppose that would be part of the appeal...that it wouldn't suddenly flood the system with a ton of new weapons to be registered.  And the historian in me thinks that if you can save even a few it's completely worth it.

-David

The Last Amnesty  back in 68 (over fifty years ago) I have been told close to 70,000 guns were added to the registry,  that was before inter net, and it was very poorly  advertised,and the period was for 30 days only,   a gentlemen up here in Maine named  gunsmith  Bill  Morrision   registered  over 30,   Its  hard to say how many would get papered if we had another one, it all depends on the  writing  of it and what they would allow,  Im sure their  are still a lot of stuff out their,  ALL OVER this country, any way my thoughts, Charlie