Ithaca Auto Burgler Fan Page

ATT-Tactical

DeSantis Holster has the patterns for the Horsehide holsters. He doesn't have a way to duplicate the nomenclature on the flap. We've been experimenting with our Laser Engraver to see if we can replicate it. 

I found a Stock Maker who uses a 3D Scanner for his CAD/CAM process. $1750 each to duplicate the grip with 3 pcs minimum. He'd keep the file. Said the time involved to correct the scan with several fitting to clean up all the inner wood cuts is what the extra time is.

Has anyone found a shop that has modern replacements? An awful lot of broken Pistol Grips out there keeping owners from firing these neat little Shotties. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rty4z0okry4i8rl/20200108_210138.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tds4kasq3nwixaq/20200109_104026.jpg?dl=0

• Like 1

that figure sounds bad at first but really its the same as replacing the stock on any good double gun. LOTS of bedding area and lots of tedious hours to get it right. I personally would not put any faith in any cad cam program for much more than the "rough out" it would still need to be precisely fitted to avoid future cracks. have you tried any contact with the various "stock duplicators" in the trade? maybe they can come up with something close that could then be "hand fitted"? a sad fact with any wood work on double barrels those long tangs cause weak stocks. 

I would even settle for a 3D printed grip in this new polycarbonate filament so someone could actually shoot it, and keep the original grip for historical purposes, in their safe. I have contacted Gene DeSantis about making me 3 new original design holsters for them. I think I have the Laser Engraver settings right to burn in the Holster flap lettering. I'll post pics when I have them finished.

• Like 1

you might speak with ALEX SITMAN at masterclassstocks.com and see what he has to say. they are a first rate duplicating shop and speak true. I would think they could get it better than 90% inletted .  if the machine wont hold anything that small, they could add a "dummy" section to it and then just saw it off or something in that order. anything is worth a try to preserve this stuff and it certainly enjoys getting used rather than sitting on a shelf.  GOOD LUCK!