Book: Handbook of Machine Gun Support Equipment & Accessories

Gorgon

This listing is for my very dear friend, Mr. Robert G. Segel. He has recently published a well-received book that I wanted to share with the Sturmgewehr.com community. More details, book reviews, and ordering information can be found at his website, EmmaGeeMan.com

General information on the Limited Edition book:

This hardcover (with dust jacket) is a visual reference book with 415 full color pages containing a total of 1,035 pictures providing widespread information on the support equipment and accessories for many of the early machine guns of 1895-1945. Foreword by Dolf L. Goldsmith  

Taking almost three years to compile and produce, this book covers 77 different classic weapons and their support equipment and accessories for collectors, shooters, museums and re-enactors. Spare parts and tools are identified and labeled. 

Priced at $125 with Free Shipping in United States. International shipping also available.

General information on the author:

Robert Segel has had an interest in machine guns ever since he was nine years old. His father gave him a dewat (deactivated war trophy) Sten Mk. II machine carbine that was bought at a local gun show for the princely sum of $25. Robert's collection of live classic machine guns, and their accessories, began in the late 1970s.

Robert started writing articles in his spare time in 1990 for the old Machine Gun News magazine. When that publication folded, he became a Contributing Editor for Small Arms Review magazine. His articles concentrated on the early classic World War I and World War II machine guns and all the accessories and memorabilia associated with them. In 2004, Robert became the Senior Editor for Small Arms Review. In 2009 he became the Senior Editor for Small Arms Defense Journal magazine. Robert retired from those periodicals in 2015, but continues to write for Small Arms Review with a monthly column entitled Machine Gun Memorabilia.

Robert has had over 400 articles on early machine guns published in seven countries including the United States, England, Poland, Switzerland, The Netherlands, South Korea and the UAE. He is an acknowledged contributor in 22 highly regarded reference books, and is the author of three machine gun related children's coloring books (published by Chipotle Publishing LLC.) Robert is married, has two children, three grandchildren and lives in the beautiful state of Wisconsin.

CE0CD36B-AE56-4434-8D1B-16CD258CF6FC.jpeg

AA32D6D6-8C2A-4A66-8408-43D10B17E3F5.jpeg

A4CC6576-611E-45E0-8895-F6B5795136F2.jpeg

Edited by Gorgon
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

For all the folks that haven’t snagged a copy of the book yet, Robert has just put them “on sale” on the website. So if you need something to do with all the time on your hands, here you go....

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A MESSAGE ON ROBERT SEGEL'S BOOK:

Just wanted to give notice to members here that the stock is now down to a couple dozen books. I also want to thank everyone for all the wonderful feedback provided over the last couple years about this book. Robert was so pleased about its overall reception in our community. I suspect he would be absolutely overwhelmed by how often his work is now cited in conversation and on these boards. Thank you!

• 6 months later...