19XXX4.COM ?

JESUS, I had ignored that site for years and recently made an attempt to locate someone well liked there that refused to answer any of my emails etc. I was instantly buried by SEVERAL folks that JUST DONT LIKE ME OF FOLKS THAT THINK LIKE ME? all I did was ask a simple question, which he failed to answer but plenty others did.  It just shows that the public in general has a very short memory.

I learned my lesson a while back, they are mostly insane.  It's one of those boards where they ignore the content, but the poster means everything.  You could be Reed knight posting as Jimbob and make some technical observations and they will tell him he knows nothing and is rude (cleaned up for here).    After I received several personal threats by PM I just couldn't chance any further exposure there.   99% sure they were harmless, but when you actually have stuff to lose, you can't take the chance.  I saw your posts, now it looks like they banned you.....after they attacked you.  Like I said, insane. 

You'll just have to pull over to the side of the road and watch the railroad crossing from a distance, since there is a train wreck there almost once a week and you don't want to be too close.  Most of the folks with actual guns and knowledge bailed out a while ago, but back in the day I met a bunch of those guys and they were a good group for the most part, course those guys are all gone too.

• Like 1

Unfortunately everything you said is so true. The old guys like Mike and me are dying off. The knowledge that collectively gets lost when you lose real world experience if not passed on, is lost for good.

There was a time I tried to help everyone in this biz...to sum it up after the results of 50+ years is "no good deed goes unpunished".

I'm done helping, unless it's a good friend. Too many smart azzes, too many alleged experts.

Movin' north, gonna set up my blacksmith/welding fab shop, make some stuff, set up my hives, do some fly fishin' , raise my Presa Canarios, and enjoy what's left.

The rest of the nonsense in the overall scheme of life is meaningless.

R.L.