Looking for Bingham PPS-50 Info

flathead26t

I looking for any information regarding the Bingham PPS-50 machine guns. I recently bought a single stamp integrally suppressed one and have not been able to find any real information on them. Any info on the guns would be greatly appreciated (Production Numbers, Price, etc...)

Also, if anyone has any experience with one I would like to hear about that as well.

Thanks,

Jim

• 2 months later...

I had one, tuned up by Stan Andrewski. Like most 22 sub guns, they ran too fast and were subject to some bolt bounce. If the sidewall of the 22 blew, it would cause a stoppage that was easily cleared. They needed to be slowed down and Charlie Logan had some that ran slower. No idea if he has any left, this conversation was perhaps a decade ago.

5 hours ago, Shattered said:

I had one, tuned up by Stan Andrewski. Like most 22 sub guns, they ran too fast and were subject to some bolt bounce. If the sidewall of the 22 blew, it would cause a stoppage that was easily cleared. They needed to be slowed down and Charlie Logan had some that ran slower. No idea if he has any left, this conversation was perhaps a decade ago.

Thanks for the reply.  

Do you know if any of the current semi auto reproductions share any parts with the original? 

I will be bringing the remaining PPS50 to market soon. They use few of the original semi parts in the registered conversion. Some of the original parts are not up to the MG service. I'll have some at KC table B16 this spring hopefully. The Italian mfg guns are of generally good quality. Let me know if you have  a specific need for original semi parts. FCLoganMAPS@spamFLCOO.com. Remove spam and maps in address.

Charlie Logan  PTRS-14.5

Arms & Ordnance

C3 PA

Charlie,  I will keep you in mind for the parts and any future questions I have once I get the gun in my possession.  I talked to you a few years ago at Oaks about those PPS50 s and MGs in general too.  Don't think I will be at KC, but am out your way frequently as my parents live about 20 min from your place.  

Edited by flathead26t

I have an open bolt RR model that runs great...and fast, like most all .22 F/A's.  PPS/50s were converted as both RR's and Sear guns...Select Fire and F/A only...not unlike 10/22s, so the devil is in the details with regard to how an individual gun was converted.  One thing I like about the guns is that every part on them is made from steel except maybe the buttplate.  The receiver is a steel tube which I consider an advantage if the gun is a RR.

Other positives...there's plenty of parts out there to support the platform and some options if a different look or configuration is wanted.  EMF is one company which has parts:  https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/Pietta-PPS50-Model-c573.htm  Obviously, spare proprietary conversion parts are a different matter.

Original steel 10 & 30 rd mags and 50rd drums are not in abundance and expensive...Black Dog Machine supports the platform with both polymer mags and drums:  http://blackdogmachinellc.net/pumadrum.aspx

It's a solid, cool looking little .22 machine gun which continues to have plenty of parts and magazine support.  There's just not many transferables out there.  Are they as versatile as a Norrell 10/22?  No...but then there not commanding anywhere near Norrell 10/22 money either.  

Edited by hkg3k

hkg3k, thank you for your response. 

The gun I purchased is an RR. I plan on checking out which parts appear stock when I get it in my possession and I will buy what spares I can find.  I have a mill, lathe and Tig welder so even if the parts I find are close but not exact I can make it work.  

I did see the black dog mags already and plan on getting a few.  Do they feed reliably for you?

I bought this gun because I was looking for a dedicated 22 MG and for the price I couldn't pass it up.  Paid about a quarter of what a Norrell 10/22 would have cost.