Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wingman01

Spitfire 45 SMG

3 posts in this topic

I have read some older posts where some individuals have made modifications too their Spitfire SMG to make it run better.  I have one and of course having issues.  Currently have a broken extractor and trying to find parts seems impossible.  I would appreciate any information on modifications made and where to get parts.

Thanks

wingman, wish I had something to offer you that was an easy answer but fixing a stubborn spitfire has always been a challenge even when parts were available. the word gives me nightmares . as a young man I spent many 24 hour days at the plant fighting those demons. every aspect of that gun was a major hurdle. they couldn't even keep up with magazines for them. peeling that paper off what you thought was a perfect NOS magazine only to find solid rust under it.  and the paper STUCK! razor blades were no help we were paying .20-.25 cents per mag but 7 out of 10 had to go out for refinish. I used to pile my WW II jeep so high with them delivering orders to the post office you could not see the body. its been 40 45 yrs and I cant recall the shape of the extractor, but any "skilled" smith that can work with flat springs should be able to reverse engineer one. I would start with one that works on COLT SINGLE ACTIONS. you might try BOB NAESS at BLACK RIVER MILITARIA FIRST, he always has a back log but who knows. sorry to hear of your problem. the 41 Johnson post fired me up and then this one buried me again so I know how you feel. 

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

send phone # I have part,s and knowledge on the s##tfire will help you get it running

1 person likes this