With gun confiscation eminent in VA...

R.L.

Physical deterrents for home invasion by unwanted guests or illegal entry teams in the not so distant future become even more essential at this time. One of the least expensive secondary barriers for home doors is chain link fence. Every Try getting through chain link, even with tools it's time consuming and difficult. Mail armor ...It's ancient tech, but very effective in slowing down your enemy.

Putting up a secondary plain ol' metal door is false security. For one thing a swat team can hook up a chain and hook before you even see them and pull this door right off it's hinges in seconds., Second it's nearly impossible to shoot effectively through a metal door blindly from inside. What you can't see you can't shoot.

I'm not going to go into step by step installation of a chain link security setup, any good welding shop can hook you up. Here are some advantages of chain link, first and foremost you can see and shoot through a chain link arrangement. The element of surprise for the person trying to gain entry to your castle is lost which is gold and potentially life saving. The ability for you react to the threat in a more timely manner is increased. The time it would take to cut a hole through the chain link  would expose approaching the "illegal" entry team to immediate fire from inside the home, thereby losing  the entire dynamic advantage of a surreptitious  entry team.

Multiple layers of chain link fencing is the key to stopping and or slowing down an "illegal" entry team in it's tracks. Sad it's come to this but Patriots better wake up to what's happening. This b.s. is coming to a state near you...soon.

Edited by R.L.

BOB, I will "second that" chain link adder, but always double up on the panel. I made a simple drop in gate to cover ALL openings when needed like taking a trip or trying to relax with a cup and a smoke. on another note I did the entire perimeter of my property with a 3ft deep 2ft wide trench. on each side of the trench I planted those dreaded oleanders that can reach 15ft+ high every 4 ft and added 5 strands of barbed wire thru the middle.  the plants will grow from cuttings . I left all that behind when I came to TEXAS now the only barrier I have is distance. when my son sold that az property there is NO WAY he relayed all the FUGAUZIES and traps to the new buyer, I 'm the only one that knew them all. GOD help him if he wants to remove all those ole plants and such, they were 6+ ft when I left and they have a root system from hell

• 3 weeks later...