Anyone know what happened to the Effin-A muzzle brake?

R.L.

I bought one of these from Ares before all the b.s. started It IS one of the best and effective muzzle brakes I own. I have it on a VEPR in 7.62x54R, it's performance is outstanding.

Any clue if Dimitri Karras is still in business? This was his product originally. After the bullsxit ATF raid and the company break up, I never could figure out who owned what as far as patent right/products.

Anyone know?

R.L.

Thanks Dennis. Is this the new owner that sued the previous owner ...Dimitri? Dimitri is a good guy,  spoke with him on the phone once. A LOT of b.s. associated with the fight that transpired after the sale of Ares Armor. 

Not sure if you remember ATF just walked into Dimitri's shop took everything and never returned anything. He was manufacturing 80% receivers, totally legal, but ATF being the assholes they are feel like they are not accountable to anyone.Not sure how that case ended.

Cheers,

Bob

BOB, did you know that the ATF has denied officially  the term 80%, or any other % can be applied to ANY component they regulate many times? believe me I DO!  IT EITHER IS OR ISNT A FIREARM ! if its NOT , they have NO INTEREST , if it IS, you best have crossed your "t's" and dotted your "i's". when you think about it, that's the ONLY thing that makes sense. they HAVE addressed most designs, by "operational  standards" IE; what is a VICKERS SIDEPLATE, what constitutes a BROWNING 17/19 sideplate etc. too many guys looked at what other's were producing unchallenged and "assumed" all was well, only to get pounded when something brought them to agency attention.  one well known producer of semi auto RPD's actually copied another MFG'RS approval letter without submitting an example, and ALL are at risk. ANYONE producing ANYTHING that resembles a firearm is well advised to submit a sample and get a ruling. my first brng sideplates failed to pass the "non firearm" test and several others exactly like them were openly traded as 80% plates. my 2nd design DID pass and I was issued a letter that it was NOT a firearm. at the time there was no shortage of "OPINIONS" describing what made them 80% or not and few matched agency opinion. people fail to realize that they can ONLY answer a DIRECT question exactly as its asked and YES OR NO. they don't have a "BUT, IF"  or a "change this to" category. YES they have changed opinions in the past, but in EVERY EXAMPLE KNOWN TO ME, it was after something missed in the initial exam was pointed out. IE; 10-22 "bump fire stocks" .