WTB: 1919 Transferable side plate

Gaujo

Hi, saw your reply about the 1919 in NC.  The whole idea is to get a side plate to lock in price now, and build it out when I have land in a few years, so I didn't want the full gun, but I guess if the price is right it wouldn't hurt!  What would you have to get out of it?  PM please

Also, it is impossible to PM you because you have a comma in your name.  let the forum mod know that you cannot be privately messaged through the system. Please PM me.  if that doesn't work, repost in this thread and we can get some contact info. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

problem solved.

you buy this, have Bob take the plate off and sell of the kit and tripod which would bring at least 6K, and leave you with the plate. 

I have a plate also, but no interest in selling.  It's really cheaper to buy a gun and dispose of the parts kit to a parts kit collector.   There are a lot more parts kit collectors than MG collectors, so it's a much easier sale.

1 hour ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

problem solved.

you buy this, have Bob take the plate off and sell of the kit and tripod which would bring at least 6K, and leave you with the plate. 

I have a plate also, but no interest in selling.  It's really cheaper to buy a gun and dispose of the parts kit to a parts kit collector.   There are a lot more parts kit collectors than MG collectors, so it's a much easier sale.

This would probably be the easiest avenue, considering the lack of 1919's right now. I haven't seen a bare side plate for several years. 

Also, didn't Douglas Lawrence Oefinger have some transferable machineguns he kept to sell off over time? I know he had some unused HK trigger boxes a few years back. Maybe he has a side plate he could part with. He did make 635 of the damn things, after all.

-KristopherH

14 hours ago, rhouston8 said:

Gaujo,

I may be one of the last persons on earth to have a raw unused sideplate. ramo.

Sorry...Not for sale. I felt I'd just rub it in though! 

Seriously though...they are difficult to find and I wish you luck in your search.

Ya dirty dog