Second Amendment petition story

So the girlfriend and I are at craft festival the other day (don't laugh, I ran into one other guy I know who sets up tables at gun shows there with his wife, too). As we were leaving, we got stopped by one of the petition gatherer people we so skillfully dodged on the way in (wearing Trump 2020 regalia) who asked me if I would sign a petition. I asked what for and he said "in support of the Second Amendment." You had me at Second Amendment.

As I'm filling out the form, he politely asked another passer by if he would like to sign a petition. The passer by screamed "F*CK NO!" A hush fell over the crowd and I took the opportunity to loudly remark (without looking up from the petition petition...and without even thinking),  "Must be a democrat.....or a Hillary supporter." My girlfriend later told me that upon hearing this, he slammed on the breaks, turned and shot a dirty look. Making the wise choice, he just kept a steppin'. I then commented, "no need to be rude." Next to the Second Amendment petition guy was the "legalize marijuana" petition guy. He didn't bother asking Mr. F*UCK NO to sign his. Had I been of quicker wit, I would have said, "Sounds like someone needs to sign the legal marijuana petition."

Sad thing is just moments prior my being asked to sign the petition, my girlfriend and I were discussing how angry and unhinged and intolerant the anti Trumpers are. She said let's walk past those people with the Trump stickers, because I don't want to become a target by anti Trumpers. 15 seconds later....