Rarity of Orlite AR 30 Round Mag?

LaneC

I bought this mag from one of the vendors in Shotgun News in 2002. It was advertised as "sanitized" for CIA black ops. Also had the "stops" milled off for use in other rifles that use AR mags. I haven't seen any of those for sale in a long time. Anyone else? Thanks, LaneC

I had a nice pic included, but the system did not post it with the text.????

I cannot delete the first two attempts to post this one.

Edited by LaneC

the IZZY'S did a lot with ORLITE  but I don't think it went well in the desert heat . they tossed them all pretty quick. SARCO ended up with beaucoup gaylords full of them and tried to get some excitement going with them various ways with no luck. and as I recall they had no markings on them either.  were you r pics opened in your pc? or where were they?   mike

Mike, I pulled the pics out of my personal photo library and they were all well under 100KB. They loaded on the page fine. Once I said to SUBMIT the post, they went away.

I found the receipt and they came from Lew Horton. I saw where Lew Horton Dist was calling it quits as of Dec 2019.

Edited by LaneC

LANE, pics on this site are strange indeed. I am a complete illiterate when it comes to computers  all I do is surf the net so I was pretty happy until the new changes allowed me to join in here at STURM. I did pics no problem on the other sites but here it was a complete failure. I live in a very remote part of SOUTH WEST of SAN ANTONIO so on site help was a tad expensive when I managed to talk someone into coming . first it was the GEEKS in the bug from BEST buy. close to a grand later they gave up. a few other individuals came out and struck out . this went on for close to 2 years, when the smoke cleared I had 2 new camera's a couple $k in worthless receipts and no idea where to turn . I cant explain why, but one day in boredom I decided to see what that paper clip at bottom left did, so I clic'd it and 4 of my picture appeared on the screen? what the hell? the results are still at the bottom test area and its been ZERO PROBLEM SINCE. the part that burns me is all them so called experts couldn't figure it out.  when you run into a problem and ready to give up, DAVID ALBERT can usually get you fixed up so  next time let him know what's happening B-4 you give up 

Mike, what paper clip? ha.

I was a member of the old Sturm for many years. Mostly bought items but sold some as well. Never had any problems then and there.

I have posted photos here on the new site before, not that long ago when I replaced my buttpad for a Namibian buttstock. Seemed to work well then.  Oh, looked back at that post. It was via Photobucket before they dreamed up their extortion plan to pay-up or all photos will be blurred out. Ha

Not sure why I cannot post photos from my computer storage. Who knows? LaneC

Edited by LaneC

gftiv, perhaps you are correct. It's not a big deal anyway. I've got what I need in the firearms world, but every once in a while something happens I need some help with or have a question about. If I subscribed to all the forums I look at, I'd be broke since I am a retired guy, not making the BIG BUCKS any longer! ha LaneC

LANE, yep its sad and one must choose the best place to play . I tried to be active on this site from day one. I did manage to BUY quite a bit and gained a few contacts by doing so. ALMOST every post I attempted under the old "regime" did not meet the dreamed up standards set and many others suffered the same fate  and they just gave up. that along with the lack of new imports for sale caused the volume of trade here to fall so low, the site almost collapsed. when DAVID made the changes it allowed things to open back up and activity HAS increased with INFORMATION being the hottest commodity. the small fee required to be able to post pics if you want to sell, is nothing compared to the power gained if we can all join together and pool our thoughts and goals.