HOW THE HELL DID THIS ONE GET IGNORED???

mike todd

TONIGHT WHILE BROWSING, I ACCIDENTALY WENT INTO THE DOT GOV SITE. I HAD HEARD A NEW FORM 4 WAS COMING AND THOUGHT I WOULD TAKE A LOOK. I ABOUT BLEW MY TOP WHEN I NOTICED THE NEW SPOT FOR  SOC SEC #. this always burns my butt to no end because one of the MAIN objections to the social security act was (Bavarian accent) you will show papers please ! AT THE TIME THE BILL WAS PUT FORWARD THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WAS ASSURED THAT IT WOULD BE UNLAWFUL FOR ANYONE TO USE IT FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE? NOW ICANT EVEN GET A HUNTING LICENSE WITHOUT PROVING MY SSN? anyhow reading the instructions it states you may refuse, BUT refusal may delay the nics check. NOW FOR THE BEST PART ! ! !  SECTION 4 PART B STATES "if the transferee  has been approved for a transfer in the past 24 months and no changes have occurred that would change the documentation of the individual, include form number, serial number and date. WAY BACK WHEN YOU COULD STILL GET SOMBODY DIRECT BY PHONE (sigh) WE USED TO PUT A COPY OF OUR LAST TRANSFER WITH THE NEW APPS AND IT ALWAYS CUT THE TIME IN HALF. BY THESE 2 CHANGESITS OBVIOUS,"SOMEONE" WANTS TO FIX IT. HOORAH, I MIGHT SEE THAT 240 B-4 IM GONE AFTER ALL   ! WHOMS SO EVER CAME UP WITH THAT ONE? GOD BLESS YA!   maybe this is why that guy got his forms back in 7 weeks?   I'm gonna be up for day's thinking about this one?   cheers mike

• Like 1

I wonder if they're adding this information to the Form 4 to eliminate the 4473 an individual fills out at the time of taking possession?

I just pulled up the "new" current form and the thing which sucks most for me is the transferee's signature is now at the top of page 3!  Unless there's an edit / update forthcoming...Form 4's are now on 3 pages!  SUCKS!

I seriously doubt the 4473 is going anywhere . ON the webb page, they explained it in typical ATF fashion. by stating refusing the SSN will force the full nics check AND individual clearance increasing the processing time. it is well known this is the major excuse used to explain those LONG WAITS for approval. " its not us, its the FBI" at my age I wouldn't object to 10 pages if it helps clearance in any way. my 240 just got approval to my dealer today so these new forms are right on time and all of it together proves to me the man upstairs WAS LISTENING as I prayed I lasted long enough to get to shoot it so you agnostics can bite me it worked! my dealer said while some earlier submitted forms are still struggling those filed since June, are clearing in 90 days or less if done properly and everything is as stated. hoorah

• 2 weeks later...

THUMPY, YES don't submit any of the older forms. you can see the new one at AFT.GOV . if you down load it, make sure you can print a 2 sided form. it might be best to request forms by mail.  that "NIC'S" is the killer,  that 7 WEEK APPROVAL WAS NO PIPE DREAM! and I know you have recent approvals.

I never give my SSN on the 4473. I've never had problem on a call in, so no need. Until they make it mandatory, I won't do it. They may now want the SSN on the Form 4 because if you owe money to the IRS, maybe the $200 will go to them first. Kinda like how you don't get a tax refund if you owe them money (thanks second ex wife for them learning me that little nugget of info).

so let me get this straight, "you NEVER PUT YOUR SSN number on a transfer "  every finger print card submitted with the forms I have used in the past required the SSN ? least all the cards I have ever used required it. I don't recall a place on the previous versions of the form 4 to add the SSN but find it to be a WELCOME ALTERNATIVE to many months of waiting for the nics check. I know I am giving up a lot of privacy doing so. in the past there was no way they could possibly retrieve it by some other means, they just didn't have enough personal information to put it together and the form 4 was no help for sure. I always use a good trick that helps even more, I use a rental until my forms clear, than I move where I like and don't bother informing them in writing where I moved . but I gave all that up just to take a chance and maybe live to see all these new transfers approved b-4 I'm gone. only time will tell 

So let me get this right.....you're handing over a photo for facial rec., full physical description, race, fingerprints, DNA, and worst of all $200, and you guys are concerned about a made up ssn.....because what.... you don't want the gov. tracking you?  LOL

If you're seeking privacy, NFA firearms may not be the best hobby to get into?  You've given up as much privacy as Jeffrey Epstein, except he never paid $200, or did all of that voluntarily.

• Like 3

THUMPY , the PHOENIX PD refused to do finger prints unless ALL the blanks were filled in on the cards so being an idiot that wanted to bust sum caps, I did as they asked. that practice just kind of followed me around and I continued to do so no matter where I went. hell we cant buy a hunting OR fishing license here in TEXAS with out adding our SSN. the liberals in DALLAS AND HOUSTON managed to pass a law under the premise of tracking DEADBEAT DADS owing child support that requires your SSN on ALL official state docs . ANOTHER FINE LEGACY OF THE ROOSEVELT ADMINISTRATION!  that's when the virus got its foothold and LIBERALS became a reality.

• Like 2