Anybody got a Daewoo K2?

Hessikin

Howdy Sturmgewehr!

Been interested in picking up a Daewoo for a long time. Always loved how they shot and felt in hand, and I am finally in a financial position to purchase a semi auto one, should I be able to find it. I just had a few questions about parts availability. Firstly, whats the current Daewoo parts situation? I've been lurking these boards for a few years despite just joining and I seem to remember someone selling off a whole lot of Daewoo parts a while back. Did they ever end up for sale anywhere? Are there other sites that sell Daewoo parts?

Secondly, I'd like one of those ACE 922r kits with the stock and grip, are they still available anywhere? My usual search yielded no immediate results, am I SOL? Alternatively, I know you can still get ACE stocks, and their Daewoo adapter, what's the closest combo to the kit that you can currently get?

Appreciate it!

2 hours ago, Shortbarrelpete said:

They are sweet shooting guns for sure. I have a buddy with a pile of them and has shot the snot  of a couple and to my knowledge hasn't broken anything.

Good to hear. I know they are resilient rifles (much more so than another distant relative - the Robinson M96). Still good to have a source of spares if ever needed.

to me it felt like shooting a AR-18 it had much the same recoil impulse and action noise. I feel its more robust than the 18 /180 but I will say even since day one virtually NO parts unless  some agency has one cut up or the like. it had its place when I had to have an example of everything . if you like to shoot what you have why risk owning something tough to service? I wont own anything I cant get parts for even if still in production. the FN-FS-2000is very unique user friendly and an excellent weapon overall. when I contacted FN, they refused to sell me ANY PARTS! the answer was if something breaks return the gun and we will fix it free. sounds good, but when all the mail is delivered in light grey UN marked trucks, do you really want to be without your weapon? when hard pressed after the normal refusal most company's wont continue the discussion without you providing a model and serial no. as soon as I get a new model , I start calling if they wont sell the basics, IE; springs, sears, firepins etc. the gun is gone I don't care how special.  with all the gun grabbers why have another monkey on your back?

I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT < BUT they are based here now and certainly know the situation. I had waited a long time and paid a premium to get the danged thing. it did all it was praised for and one of the best handling .556 arms to date for me. but when I got inside and found all those plastic parts in the case shuttle I got cold feet real fast. my request was for simple parts and nothing to do with fire control.  after all that, I had to take a hit but it was gone in a week. if I was thinking of a K-2 or any other hybrid, the spares would be in hand THEN the actual gun.