M10 semi auto random burst

Thumpy

Hey fellas so yesterday I got out and shot my m10 I got and in semi auto it would double and triple here and there not to often but very 5-6 mags you’d get it once witch doesn’t really matter because it’s pretty much only going to be shot fullauto only kind of thing but figured I’d ask if that’s common with open bolts or is the trip just warn down a little bit? Never had or played with a open bolt other then this. 

Edit this is a registered fullauto m10 title may sound misleading 

Edited by Thumpy
Wanted to be clear it’s a legal mg when I’m semi auto it does a burst here an there

THUMPY, could be ALL OF THE ABOVE .I cant say I have EVER put one on SEMI but maybe its a little dry and sluggish on the reset? MACS are like the M-60. they like a firm fast full pull and release of the trigger. I have never replaced any parts in my orig 70's buy 45 and a round count would make you weak in the knee. I HAVE bushed the take down holes but the internals are as it left.  DID YOU FIGURE OUT THE REISING PLUG? never heard back????

Had to replace the sear in mine as the disconnector shelf had cracked partially off so the disconnector would slip off causing it to go Semi in FA.  For your opposite issue, look to see if your trip is worn or possibly your sear or trigger springs.  Macs have very simple fire control parts so buying a whole FC parts kit and replacing things one by one isn't very difficult if you want to self-diagnose.

AGREED the  MAC's are very simple to work I can only speak for the quality of the GEORGIA GUNS and parts. FTF has almost everything you would need unknown origin. just don't damage that safety knob all replacements are trash. b-4 I lost control of my hands, I often thought of doing a small run of them in steel

On 11/20/2019 at 2:08 AM, mike todd said:

THUMPY, could be ALL OF THE ABOVE .I cant say I have EVER put one on SEMI but maybe its a little dry and sluggish on the reset? MACS are like the M-60. they like a firm fast full pull and release of the trigger. I have never replaced any parts in my orig 70's buy 45 and a round count would make you weak in the knee. I HAVE bushed the take down holes but the internals are as it left.  DID YOU FIGURE OUT THE REISING PLUG? never heard back????

Yea I just took it apart and cleaned it really good I think maybe the trip was just sticky? Idk well see and on the reising dm you.