M134 Mini Gun Build - Lots of Photos

Aaron in Mohnton Pa

I thought I would share some photos and video from my recent M134 Mini Gun Build since there isn't a whole lot of information out there on these. Sourcing all of the parts for this was a pain... a lot of the parts don't seem to come up for sale anymore since Garwood got shut down. We had to use a torch cut demilled housing which we form 2'd into a post sample machine gun. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who owns the old Fleming Firearms welding jig, which helped get this torch cut GE housing back together. I was also fortune to have some very knowledgeable  people in my corner helping me with this. There is definitely a learning curve to overcome with these guns.

After the housing was welded and cleaned up, we went through the process of testing by hand to ensure everything rotates freely. With a rewelded housing, expansion / shrinking from heat can cause problems. High spots or warping for example or problems in the bolt tracks can cause a number of problems. Everything checked out when spinning by hand. We then tested under power, then with dummy rounds, then with blanks. After everything ran smooth we finally got it out on the range and it runs perfect.

Aaron

FFL 07/02 SOT

7CuAWR3.jpg
YNFNUV2.jpg

obuMLSg.jpg

oGIoQYU.jpg

ZYscaa1.jpg

rEzoYgy.png

MblM7Jl.jpg

f1chREO.jpg

dFuJS7u.jpg
SHDuOgk.jpg