WTS: RARE Pre Sample MK5k MG Exec Condition

We have for sale, a RARE MP5K PreMay Dealer Sample machine gun, in excellent condition.  Its been said that less than 20 were imported.  It does not appear to have been shot very much.  The serial number is 4 digits.  Date code is 84.

It is a PreMay Sample, so you will need to be an FFL/SOT to get this keeper.

More pictures on request.  Arrangements can be made to see this gun anytime at our gun range in Oklahoma City.  We are setup for eforms for faster Form 3 transfers.

$28,999 OBO  Free Shipping

20191113_135700.jpg

20191113_135522.jpg

20191113_135518.jpg

20191114_123430.jpg

20191114_123457.jpg

20191114_124550.jpg

Edited by Oklahoma Machine Guns, LLC
Price Change

I had a Pre86 dealer sample Factory MP5-K Navy and it was marked: "HK T&E ONLY"

The dealer I got it from had 2 "K" guns and I believe he said the other one was not marked T&E, so OMG LLC may be correct, some were, some were not marked.

The BIGGER question is, the S/N does not start with a "C" like the MP5 S/Ns start with, and like the MP5SD , they all start with an "S" in the S/N.

Also, look at the "K" in the above picture, does not look correct and/or added later? All of my sample HK's (and I have had a lot) the factory stamping was always uniform.

Call me crazy, but could this be a transferable one and the NFA branch accidently red stamped it as a Sales Sample?  NOW that would be cool and a big bonus to OMG LLC! We all know how paperwork can get messed up, stamped wrong, never received, gone missing and every other conceivable thing that can and sometimes happens with our GOVT.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I've had HK pre samples from 1974 and they started with a "C" and never a 4 digit S/N, especially since the K gun was introduced 8 years earlier, that is a lot of years being produced to have a 4 digit S/N.

OMG LLC, triple check with NFA Branch, you might just have something there!

Midwest Distributors: "The MP5K pre guns did not start with a C. Not all were marked T&E."

My MP5-K Pre-86 Dealer Sample did start with a "C" and was a 6 digit S/N, C316059. So maybe not all K guns were the same?

The T&E marking was on my K gun, but as I mentioned above, Mark at MGE had 2 of these available and only one was marked T&E.  

10 hours ago, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

Midwest Distributors: "The MP5K pre guns did not start with a C. Not all were marked T&E."

My MP5-K Pre-86 Dealer Sample did start with a "C" and was a 6 digit S/N, C316059. So maybe not all K guns were the same?

The T&E marking was on my K gun, but as I mentioned above, Mark at MGE had 2 of these available and only one was marked T&E.  

The pre-86 MP5K’s that I’ve had did not have the C prefix. 

10 hours ago, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

I have seen some convert regular pre 86 MP5’s to K models. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

I had a Pre86 dealer sample Factory MP5-K Navy and it was marked: "HK T&E ONLY"

The dealer I got it from had 2 "K" guns and I believe he said the other one was not marked T&E, so OMG LLC may be correct, some were, some were not marked.

The BIGGER question is, the S/N does not start with a "C" like the MP5 S/Ns start with, and like the MP5SD , they all start with an "S" in the S/N.

Also, look at the "K" in the above picture, does not look correct and/or added later? All of my sample HK's (and I have had a lot) the factory stamping was always uniform.

Call me crazy, but could this be a transferable one and the NFA branch accidently red stamped it as a Sales Sample?  NOW that would be cool and a big bonus to OMG LLC! We all know how paperwork can get messed up, stamped wrong, never received, gone missing and every other conceivable thing that can and sometimes happens with our GOVT.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I've had HK pre samples from 1974 and they started with a "C" and never a 4 digit S/N, especially since the K gun was introduced 8 years earlier, that is a lot of years being produced to have a 4 digit S/N.

OMG LLC, triple check with NFA Branch, you might just have something there!

Everything visible appears correct--- within the pre-86 SN range!!! :D

Also, the earliest MP5K's were 5-digit serial numbers (even the first prototype--- 00001--- 1976). ;)

Tony

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

Sounds like an IE/84 "HK T & E ONLY" MP5 (pre-86)!!! ¬¬

If you still have it, post a picture of the top receiver. ;)

Tony

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 7:31 PM, Mt10arms said:

I have an original pre-86 MP5K PDW ..... marked “HK T & E Only” .... 29XX  serial # no date code behind it.... 

PM to you!!! :D

5 hours ago, Oklahoma Machine Guns, LLC said:

Bump lower price

And PM to you--- cannot seem to PM you!!! ;)

This is Tony (AGG) on HKPRO--- can you PM me the following: ^_^

1. Full SN

2. Importer

Thanks. :D

Tony

Edited by AGG

Hi Tony....

Marked on top HK MP5K...4-digit serial # 29xx (German marking followed by HK and another marking) no date code... side marked  “HK T & E ONLY”....... imported by HK Inc. Arl. VA 22201.... I have the original form 3 from H&K.... this gun came with an unusual model 53 flash-hider and I changed it to the “Navy 3-lug”..... also has the H & K 4-position lower trigger pack.... hope this helps... have pics if you need them... Darryl

• 2 weeks later...

1979? Transferable?

Only if HK were building them in the U.S., which they were not.

What makes you think it would be transferable?

Just curious as I have bought pre sample SMG's that turned out to be transferable, and more often, transferable SMG's that turned out to be pre samples. I always assumed that import markings were what identified a foreign mfg. NFA as being a pre sample, since this was required by G.C.A. '68.

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 10:49 AM, Mt10arms said:

Tony.... I stand corrected..... the date code threw me a curve.... since it’s ironically “HK”..... seems it's a 1979 model.... hmmm...almost leads one to believe it could be transferable????

Darryl,

Sorry for the delay--- thank you for the clarification--- can you PM me the full SN for my data??? :D

Tony