WTS WWII Savage Bridgeport M1 Thompson SMG

F4L

We have for sale a fully transferable Savage-made Auto Ordnance M1 Thompson 45 ACP SMG manufactured in Bridgeport, CT.

S/N:  139958 (receiver only).  Trigger frame has no S/N.

Both the receiver and trigger frame were manufactured by Savage as noted by the "S" stamp near the magwell on the receiver, the FJA stamp on the receiver, the encircled GEG acceptance stamps on both the receiver and the trigger frame, and the "FULL AUTO" being on two lines on the trigger frame.  It has the beveled trap door on the stock indicating it is early production.  It has the protected rear sight which first appeared on the Savage M1s in the high 137000 range.  It has a floating firing pin and a non-riveted grip mount, also correct for the M1 models.  We believe this to be manufactured in the late 1942 to early 1943 time frame.  This Thompson is in excellent condition -- please see all the full resolution photos in the link below.  It is clean and has been well cared for.

Also included is one 50 round drum magazine and (17) 30 round stick magazines for a total of (18) magazines.  I have test fired it with both the drum magazine and several of the stick magazines and it functions 100% with both.  All but a couple of the stick magazines are Seymour.

The gun has NOT been modified in any way to accept the drum mag.  The drum mag was modified to work with the gun.

44 Full Resolution Pics Here

$23,995   $23,500  $23,000 + $250 insured shipping to your dealer.

Certified funds only.  This SMG is owned by us and in our possession in our Little Rock, AR shop.  We will submit an electronic form 3 when we have your payment and will ship as soon as the electronic form 3 is approved.  Electronic forms 3 have been taking apx. 1-3 business days.

Please email or call if you have questions.

Firearms 4 Less, LLC - 07/02 FFL/SOT. 

brennan@firearms4less.com

501-680-4867

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

10.JPG

9.jpg

8.JPG

16.JPG

19.JPG

23.JPG

25.JPG

13.JPG

30.JPG

31.JPG

34.JPG

40.JPG

Edited by F4L
Price lowered

Hi Robert.  The receiver is not modified in any way to accommodate the drum.  It appears to me that the drum was modified to function on the M1.  I've not seen another one like it in my research so I'm not sure who/what company made the mods and if it's a commercially available product.  I have test fired it with this gun and it works as it should.

Brennan

GREAT GUN AND A GREAT FIND! when seeking THOMPSON VARIATIONS, its NOT ALWAYS the MONEY.  ALMOST ALL OF THESE WERE CONVERTED TO THE M1A1 and hand stamped A1. this was my hardest to pin down of them ALL. and ORIGINAL FINISH ON TOP OF IT ALL. (sigh)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...