Vickers 303 Pricing advice..

bangbangkisskiss

Hey there, Im Looking for some pricing advice, I've got a 1942 Australian Vickers 303 that was built into semi auto by U.S Ordnance quite some time back, I bought it from the original owner who never fired it, Ive run 50 rounds through it,gun is awesome, paint is mint, water jacket has no dents or marks, comes with original water can, tripod, correct water line, spare barrel, a box of belts(5) and a box of small parts, wood ammo can, ammo can side mount, etc..its a full set up.

I have to sell it, my wife got sick and Im self employed, and insurance is bullshit these days, what kind of pricing should I be placing it out at? I had a gun shop in Phoenix tell me its only worth about 5k and then another one say 9-11k.. Im not familiar with this platform nor have I had much luck using search engines to find some guidelines on pricing this fairly. Any advice would be very appreciated.

4 minutes ago, c_monster said:

Market on it now in my opinion is $15,000.00 to $18,000.00, might have to wait a month or two to market it and sell it, but if the condition is as good as you say it is, photos should reflect that and hence the price spread. Good Luck and I hope your wife gets better soon!

You think a semi auto Vickers will bring more than a full auto?

• Like 2

THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THAT UP ! his orig post made SEMI so obvious that when I looked at the 15/18k poss value, my forehead had so much pressure I came close to passing out. I know this adaptation well and it involves some very small parts for the reset that must be perfectly clean  to function. several were sold not completed at various trade events over the years for as little as $3k as described but that was long ago. they show up on GB and usual asking start is $6.5k /$7.5k . the last one I KNOW sold was at $5k in 2015 which was a good deal.  that buyer contacted me for parts.  a dummy with mount is $3- $3.5k and at least these can get some use so certainly worth more

• Like 1