Next Machine gun, buyers advice please!

AlexUSMC0311

I recently picked up my first MG, a Ruger AC-556, and am waiting on the stamp for an uzi i just purchased, but i now have full on machine gun fever and am looking for my next one. What is a good option for someone young just now getting into the hobby? i have the opportunity to buy a a powder springs Mac 10 for 7,000 but it seems like a step down from the uzi and an HK sear for 25K but that seems pretty steep given id have to buy the guns too. i was thinking maybe a shooter condition AK or Thompson if i can find one. im not looking for some unfired safe queen, whatever i end up getting will be shot A LOT, but what is some advice you all can give me? thanks! 

Well, it depends what type of guns you like. Do you like the more modern guns or do you like the more classic guns? I have owned a couple of Macs and I can tell you they are too much fun especially a Mac10/45 with a silencer. You would love it I think. How about a nice Smith and Wesson 76? They are also nice guns. Have you ever thought about the classic subguns? What about a nice MP40? They are a lot of fun, have a low rate of fire, have very little recoil. The downside is that parts are expensive but it is my Dream Subgun. What about a nice Beretta 38/42? Believe me, I loves me my German guns but those Italians really know how to make firearms. The workmanship of a Beretta is unsurpassed. Well, I hope I gave you something to think about. Take care, Schmeisser Guy

ALEX it sounds like you need to decide if its another sub gun , assault rifle or mounted gun . you made some wise choices at the start and with the limited places to shoot the sub guns offer the most use. when cornered on this subject by someone new I usually suggest ONE of each category then let the collection take its natural path. most start with a subgun and many stay there and just add variations.  I cant recall a better time to buy a VICKERS or BROWNING WATER COOLED than today. prices are so close together it just makes sense to me. you already have my first choice with the UZI , BUT I find the MAC .45 with a can much more FUN and will never be without one. NOT 9mm ! NO WAY WOULD I SUGGEST YOU GET CAUGHT UP IN THAT MAG PROBLEM  I also agree with Schmeisser Guy about the Italians and a pistol cal shoulder fired MG is a joy . which brings up another of my favorites the REISING MOD-50. tough to beat for the price and service. so if you don't mind adding .45. I would consider it.  I use .45 in my sub guns if possible, it started with the THOMPSON and after I bought all 3 MACS with cans, .45 was the winner hands down  I like the down range effect of the heavier bullet  and try to convert everything to use it when possible. nothing wrong with the WEST HURLEY 28's with GI parts and many examples just sold for less than $15k a real surprise to me and you wont see those levels much longer.

Wow man haha this post reminds me of my self only a few months back haha congrats on your purchase! I also started out w the ac556 I personally love mine! And I also am waiting on a stamp for an Uzi! Nice to see some one else who’s around my age this motivated into the nfa world!

Have you looked in to the reising m50? Those can be had for pretty “cheap” still now adays! I love mine! Only bad part so far is the mags they are out there little pricy 90-150 bucks each but it’s a super fun gun! 

i also have the m10 in 9mm an well like Mike said mags are the biggest and issues I’ve seen with them but FTF industry’s has them for 65 bucks I think made on original machines as the original mags... but once there batch is sold they will be hard to come by again.

i would highly recommend the m50 I passed on it at first but Id day its one of my favorite guns I’ve ever shot so far

Edited by Thumpy
I can’t spell