Senda M16 registered lower needs work, who can do it?

Preston1026

I have a Senda lower that has pin holes that have grown and no longer in spec.    With M60Joe no longer taking work, who takes in a M16 lower to evaluate for in spec dimensions.  I'm assuming that the sear and hammer pins need to be welded and redrilled possibly other holes as well. I understand the aluminium type makes it more difficult if you are not set up for it.

If anyone knows a quality repair options and ball park pricing, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Edited by Preston1026

PRESTON, there should be plenty folks out there that can take care of the problem. I feel welding is not the best method, I have heard both good and bad. CONSIDER another option for repair few attempt but makes more sense to me and will fix it forever.  have them drill the holes out larger and create a step to take a steel insert that puts the hole back to spec. make the insert slightly oversize so it's almost a press fit in the step, then secure it all with the KNS ANTI ROTATE KIT. in my case we had longer pins made for it to allow for extra material in the inserts, but it can be done thinner and normal pins used. we also made a set of extra bushings for the future. I also used Loctite GREEN sleeve retainer . no refinish was needed either.  just my 3 cents worth good luck either way mike todd 

• Like 1