Aftermarket stock for Ruer AC-556?

AlexUSMC0311

ALEX, other than early trouble shooting when they first came out, the AC .556 is one of those systems I have almost NO experience with all my guns are factory folders and remain as shipped. WHAT I DO KNOW, not much difference if the same series.  most after market mfg's would allow for the biggest variation. anything getting in the way would be very easy to remove with common tools. if you own a DREMAL , even better. don't let it intimidate you inletting alterations of that type are very simple.

• Like 1

I've got an ATI side folding stock set that's been modded for a Ruger AC 556. I have it on gunbroker for pretty cheap. It's a crudely done one. It was done by the previous owner of the gun I bought and came with the gun as an extra. I sold the gun and the original stock set and have this one left over. 

I test fired the gun with the ATI stock and it worked without any problems. 

Here's the stock set if you want to look at it

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/843005256

Charles @Viking Arms

• 2 weeks later...

Alex ac556 stocks and aftermarket stocks are not all that easy to find I don’t think any of the aftermarket stocks are in production any more Clyde armory had a “scar” stock it’s been discontinued find them here an there in the ~600-800 dollar range it seems..

original solid wood stocks pop up here an there for sale in the 3-400 range is what I’ve seen them I paid 375 for mine.

folders are kinda pricy gunbroker has them here an there be carful there’s some repo folding stocks floating around witch are not the same as the original folders but selling at the same price.

like others said above don’t be afraid to dremral a mini14 stock intill it fits I’ve done it to a few stocks because I didn’t want to bang up my folding stock. Just take your time on it there’s a good amount of room for error when doing it 

• Like 1

THUMPY, good post!   a little tidbit not commonly known, RUGER did not make the folding stocks. one of the few things I know that they had subcontractors do, but I am sure many of the non wood stocks for all rifles came from others.  FEDERAL ORDNANCE in CA built ALL the folders for them. it was an exclusive contract FEDERAL could not sell until the GB was discontinued. after that for a short time they sold the exact stock .  during all production they DID sell a 10/22 folder using all the same parts. want one of those? GOD HEP YA, last one I KNOW sold for $800 at SAR west 2009. I bought a 10/22 on GB with one installed and it bid to $510. or so b-4 it closed.