AlexUSMC0311

Aftermarket stock for Ruer AC-556?

3 posts in this topic

does anyone know of an aftermarket stock or brand making them that will fit a Ruger AC-556? i want to put mine up so it doesn't get too worn in while i shoot mags and mags through the rifle. rails would be nice to have but just a plain synthetic would work too.

ALEX, other than early trouble shooting when they first came out, the AC .556 is one of those systems I have almost NO experience with all my guns are factory folders and remain as shipped. WHAT I DO KNOW, not much difference if the same series.  most after market mfg's would allow for the biggest variation. anything getting in the way would be very easy to remove with common tools. if you own a DREMAL , even better. don't let it intimidate you inletting alterations of that type are very simple.

1 person likes this

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

I've got an ATI side folding stock set that's been modded for a Ruger AC 556. I have it on gunbroker for pretty cheap. It's a crudely done one. It was done by the previous owner of the gun I bought and came with the gun as an extra. I sold the gun and the original stock set and have this one left over. 

I test fired the gun with the ATI stock and it worked without any problems. 

Here's the stock set if you want to look at it

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/843005256

Charles @Viking Arms