Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Dog Outfitters

Unmarrying a sear from a HK MP5 SBR

6 posts in this topic

I'm still a newb at the NFA stuff so looking for some guidance. I have a client with a Qualified MFG Machine Gun Sear in 3 calibers installed in a semi auto HK receiver/clip on lower with a separate serial number on a single form 4.

As I understand it, if I remove the 4 position trigger pack and put it into a different gun I have created an illegal SBR from the original host gun. Can I un-marry the sear and create the host gun as a SBR. I understand this would be another tax stamp. I'm acquiring this for my personal collection but I want it to be a transferable sear between host guns.

Thanks for the help!

Your understanding is Correct. You will need to SBR the Original Host that the Registered Sear is presently married to. Once you've gotten the Approved Form back from NFA, you will be able to move the Registered Sear, in the HK Trigger Group, to other Hosts compatible with that configuration. Hope that helps and Congratulations on acquiring the Sear and probably a Ton of Hosts down the road!

I Buy Original, German Factory, Post-Sample, HK 21E Machine Guns, Receivers and 21E Parts. Contact me if you have or know of any for sale.

Michael: Precision Technology: 07 FFL / Class 2 Mfg in AZ: pt72@mac.com

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Proud to be an NRA LifeEndowmentPatron and Benefactor member as well as remaining an NRA Golden Eagle for many years.

Give to the NRA each and every year until it Hurts!! We must be steadfast in protecting our precious Second Amendment Rights.

VOTE Every Election (city, county, state & federal) - the Life you Save may very well be your ownTM

*** Thank God We Defeated Hillary Clinton, the Treasonous Bull-Dyke Cunt ***

Two notes.  1.  Converting the host to an SBR requires both a tax stamp and engraving of the host with your information.  2.  There are some exceptions to the rule that a sear can be divorced.  In particular if your lower is the unfortunate pushpin drilled sear pack lower (pretty uncommon) you are stuck.  If it is the clipped version with shelf you should be GTG.

It's a clipped with Faux pins glued on the sides.

Then divorce away! and definitely look at the good "clone" hosts like the Zenith/MKE.   Less than half the price of original HK and every bit as good.  

There are clip on registered receiver guns where the receiver, not the sear, was improperly registered as a mg.

This sear is not divorceable.

It all depends how the gun was registered.