Where do you all buy your ammo?

Thumpy

Hey fellas I was wondering where y’all bought your ammo from? Do you just wait till it’s on sale? Does any one give pretty good deals on bulkier purchases of ammo? If so could you send me there contact info? Or is there any group buys some one organizes? If not would any of you be willing to try and get a better price trying to do bulk orders? I my self have been calling around trying to work deals out on ammo figured I’d ask y’all. I shoot a pretty good amount I’d say during the summer months I shoot 1000-1500rnds a week and during the winter months 750-1000rnds a week and well am kind of sick of paying retail on ammo... let me know what y’all think

Ammoseek.com

Ammograb.com

I agree Target sports is a great place to buy ammo, but there are also other places that have good sales too. I like being able to search by caliber, by price per round or case. Both of these sites are set up to search this way.

FWIW,

R.L.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

THUMPY, eyes open, prepare and research so you KNOW a deal when you see it. if a steal, turn around and its GONE. not too long ago, any DECENT show within 3 hours drive, I was first to arrive and last to leave, EVERY TIME! I never missed setup day and that meant buying at least one table to placate security. of course I was seeking rare treasures also which made it all work. my skills were are firmly in place long before GORE invented the internet and most folks use it to advantage as you should . I guess I'm just too old and tired to hit it like some and I detest how it has affected camaraderie. for direct distributor buys  https://www.targetsportsusa.com/t-ammoprime.aspx was well under every source I checked for our 5 main high use calibers. they pay the shipping and seem constant. if you can stand a few oddities mixed in  there are many smaller auctions going with lots of ammo available and some good buys can be made. last week I scored close to 1000. first rate commercial 37mm flares and "crackers for less than $1.50 each. retail on the lowest valued was more than $9 bucks a pop in quantity. I did my research and had ALL that info a week b-4 I bid and again prep made it work. if you don't high volume reload, down the road I suggest  a DILLON SQUARE DEAL in all your pistol cals at least ONLY IF YOU CAN FOCUS AND PAY ATTENTION to what is going on. that first barrel bulge I going to hurt your feelings BIG TIME.

23 hours ago, mike todd said:

THUMPY, eyes open, prepare and research so you KNOW a deal when you see it. if a steal, turn around and its GONE. not too long ago, any DECENT show within 3 hours drive, I was first to arrive and last to leave, EVERY TIME! I never missed setup day and that meant buying at least one table to placate security. of course I was seeking rare treasures also which made it all work. my skills were are firmly in place long before GORE invented the internet and most folks use it to advantage as you should . I guess I'm just too old and tired to hit it like some and I detest how it has affected camaraderie. for direct distributor buys  https://www.targetsportsusa.com/t-ammoprime.aspx was well under every source I checked for our 5 main high use calibers. they pay the shipping and seem constant. if you can stand a few oddities mixed in  there are many smaller auctions going with lots of ammo available and some good buys can be made. last week I scored close to 1000. first rate commercial 37mm flares and "crackers for less than $1.50 each. retail on the lowest valued was more than $9 bucks a pop in quantity. I did my research and had ALL that info a week b-4 I bid and again prep made it work. if you don't high volume reload, down the road I suggest  a DILLON SQUARE DEAL in all your pistol cals at least ONLY IF YOU CAN FOCUS AND PAY ATTENTION to what is going on. that first barrel bulge I going to hurt your feelings BIG TIME.

Man mike ! 1000 37mm for 1.5 each!? That’s cheaper then what I make my own for!!!! An I’ll have to look some of these ammo auctions you speak of I can allways use oddball stuff as well