USPS Money Order advice on receiving/cashing them.

aug223

Hello fellow Gun Nuts! I have dealt with many USPS Money Order sales in the past and have found the following to work for me in the great city of Chicago, CrOOK County! as well as up North in the town of Antioch, in Lake County, IL.  If you are doing a large money sale, say $2K or more, offer the buyer a $10 discount if he/she takes the extra step to buy 3 or 4 smaller Money Orders of no more than $600 each. That way they will be easier to cash at the Post Office for FREE! I  have worked out a friendship with my Postal Workers, and believe me, they really are normal people and like to have friends that say "Hello, how are you doing", instead of grumpy people bitching about the long line/long wait!  So If I have a money order that needs to be cashed, I come in towards the end of the day and ask the Postal worker to hold on to their cash for me the next day if they do not have enough to cash my Money Order that same day. It may seem like a pain in the butt especially if you live far from a post office. But here in Northern Illinois they are everywhere. And I do not mind coming in three or four days in a row to get my Money Orders Cashed for FREE! And at the same time verified that they are not fake or stolen. ( I have them all checked the first time to make sure that they are legit BEFORE I ship the merchandise...  

Not really having much weight one way or the other but I will tell you about two incidents at the Post Office! First was a HUGE post office, my fourth stop, and like the previous three, the person at the counter tells me that he does not have $400 to cash my Money Order... Well at this point I was frustrated, so I politely asked: Are you trying to tell me that a Multi State, Government backed Corporation does not have $400 to give to their employees to run the business that they are there for? AND the Manager of this branch can not open that HUGE safe I see in the back and give you $400 to do your job? Well this teller was nice enough to go in back, relay my message to the Supervisor, and surprisingly, he came back with the $400 I needed!

Second ocasión, I walked into a Suburban post office that was a little bigger than my closet... I must have been drunk because I was hoping to cash a $1200 money order. To my surprise, The Only Postal Employee there did the normal counterfeit/stolen check, then gave me my $1200... So in the Post Office World, Size does Not Matter !

Edited by aug223
I'm a Bonehead!

Also ...... large banks CAN and WILL verify THEIR own bank checks ...... like Captial One ..... Chase ..... Bank of America ..... 

i have been able to accept bank checks from sellers using these banks ...... receive payment . ..... drive to the nearest Same bank ..... and CASH that Several THOUSAND DOLLAR bank check ........ all WITHOUT HAVING AN ACCOUNT at that banks ....... after all ..... It's their CHECK ........ they just require a photo ID and thumbprint on the check ....... EASY PEZZEY !     I walk out of the sellers Bank with  C A S H !!       then ship item that day ......... try it !!

Buddy 

Buddy! This was not meant for you! I know you use it for more than a hat rack! I was hoping to help some of the youngsters that sometimes tend to be impatient and in the process just end up shooting themselves in the foot! ( Metaphoricly speaking) !