crob1977

RDIAS spring puked today. Anyone have experience installing a new one?

9 posts in this topic

My spring finally puked in my JCB RDIAS. Does anyone have experience swapping one out? I've never done it and since M60Joe is officially retired, I'm grasping at straws here. I see a lot of different opinions. If someone has experience with their own DIAS, I'd be greatly appreciative of your help.

if you spend ANY time reading the posts here on sturm you will see an offer for new trips and springs . a gent has offered them for the past few months and all the reports have been GOOD so cruise the PARTS  THREAD and reach out to him.

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Lol

1 hour ago, mike todd said:

if you spend ANY time reading the posts here on sturm you will see an offer for new trips and springs . a gent has offered them for the past few months and all the reports have been GOOD so cruise the PARTS  THREAD and reach out to him.

Thanks. No, I don’t spend a lot of time reading everything on sturm. But I appreciate the help nonetheless. 

Retractable ball point pen "clicker" spring. I built a couple back the 90s for post sample guns, and the pen springs worked fine. Otherwise, ACE hardware has a nice selection of springs in the bulk stuff isle.

Here you go!

RDIAS Spring.jpg

1 person likes this

NFA Investments and www.investmentguns.com

FFL/SOT Class III (63) Dealer in Portland, OR. Since 2005 

Cell #’s 503-720-2280 or escheid@comcast.net

Heckler & Koch weapons, Colt M16’s and Pre 86 Dealer Sample weapons.

All items posted for sale, are in inventory and NFA items are on Form 3’s ready for transfer.

Dschied   THATS THE ONE !  sorry friend I couldn't find your info when this thread opened. you certainly saved my neck, and I figured you would jump in. CHEERS FOR YOU!   MIKE

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

I have had my JCB RDIAS since June of 1995 and replaced the spring several times with a ball point clicker spring cut to length. Works great! Basically free for the taking!