MK 760

MontanaRenegade86

Finally got out to the range to play around with my early Irvine made MK 760.

Shot through three 36 round magazines with absolutely no problems. She ran like a scalded assed cat doing both short bursts and a full mag dump. Very, very sweet shooting gun.

For what was essentially an impulse buy, I am very, very happy with this gun. I am also pleased with the gentleman I bought her from - Steve @ J&J Firearms - he runs a very professional business.

Some people may regret getting an MK 760 but I believe mine is a keeper. 

In Liberty,

Kristopher

KRISTOPHER, I think we all agreed it was a hit or miss situation and I am glad you managed a HIT. it will certainly be a low cost toy for you to enjoy. I would suggest you get any spares that may be available for the future. maybe a sear and even a bolt wouldn't be bad to have around. one can make a sear pretty easy but the bolt and extractor would be tough to remedy if they fail.  HOORAY FOR YOUR SIDE!  mike

1 hour ago, mike todd said:

KRISTOPHER, I think we all agreed it was a hit or miss situation and I am glad you managed a HIT. it will certainly be a low cost toy for you to enjoy. I would suggest you get any spares that may be available for the future. maybe a sear and even a bolt wouldn't be bad to have around. one can make a sear pretty easy but the bolt and extractor would be tough to remedy if they fail.  HOORAY FOR YOUR SIDE!  mike

Thanks, Mike.

I think I won the lottery with this gun. Probably used up all my luck and am due for the big hose next. :D 

-KH

2 hours ago, Schmeisser Guy said:

I am happy that you got a good one and not a lemon like me and a bunch of others got. My serial number was S456. Is yours an S, C or P prefix? Just curious....

S005x. One of the first sixty made in Irvine, CA. All the welds look good and all the parts appear well made. The finish is pretty lousy at this point and some parts are starting to wear a little bit.

I am getting ready to do my ritual FOIA request for this gun. It has some kind of number stamped on a thin strip of metal attached to the grip. I think it may have been a law enforcement or prison gun at some point, not that I'll be able to determine that from all the redacted forms. 

I never planned to have an MK760 in my collection but did intend on getting an SW 76 at some point. All in all, I'm pleased with the gun thus far. She's a blast to shoot when you get used to the lousy trigger.

In Liberty,

Kristopher

On 9/22/2019 at 6:50 PM, MontanaRenegade86 said:

Finally got out to the range to play around with my early Irvine made MK 760.

Shot through three 36 round magazines with absolutely no problems. She ran like a scalded assed cat doing both short bursts and a full mag dump. Very, very sweet shooting gun.

For what was essentially an impulse buy, I am very, very happy with this gun. I am also pleased with the gentleman I bought her from - Steve @ J&J Firearms - he runs a very professional business.

Some people may regret getting an MK 760 but I believe mine is a keeper. 

In Liberty,

Kristopher

Thank you for the range report old boy I’m glad yours runs good! I hope one day to grab one just need to educate my self on them a little more before I pull the trigger on one or just save a little longer and grab a s&w 76 maybe idk. But I’m happy yours works exactly as it should!

21 hours ago, Thumpy said:

Thank you for the range report old boy I’m glad yours runs good! I hope one day to grab one just need to educate my self on them a little more before I pull the trigger on one or just save a little longer and grab a s&w 76 maybe idk. But I’m happy yours works exactly as it should!

Thanks.

I'll try to do a video for you next time I'm out at the range. :D