MEW

WTS National Match M1a

1 post in this topic

This is a Springfield Armory NM M1a Serial #0294xx(1984) I had built to my spec's in 1984. I was an FFL at the time and I'm the original owner. I still have the original build sheet and the factory box. National Match configuration ie; sights front/rear, NM barrel, unitized gas cylinder, piston, and trigger group, flash hider, op rod spring guide. It was Teflon coated black in 1986/87 by a company in the Midwest, that was the current option for a protective coating over the parkerization in the 80's. The coating has been very durable and remains 98% with only a few very small marks where metal to metal contact and normal use. This rifle conservatively only has + - 500rds through it in the 35 years I have owned it, the bore is clear and bright. Never malfunctions, always very accurate with regular ammo, impeccably maintained.

I ordered this originally with a walnut E2 stock which unfortunately developed a crack in the area under the front band and it was repaired and sold off to be replaced with a standard walnut stock. Fast forward to the future and I met Tony Lawrence aka LAW483, who crafted the pepper laminate E2 it now wears with matching handguard that Tony built around the ARMS #18 low profile 1913 rail mount that holds 100% zero.  The stock can only be described as a work of art by any standard, as Tony was a true craftsman. These stocks were custom made to order and hand fitted/bedded to the action.

The bolt is TRW, Op Rod, trigger and hammer parts where serialized are S or SA marked, the barrel markings show NM w/light symbols of what appears to be some type of angled A? on each side of a IXI? symbol. No idea what they mean and are very light. This rifle is unchanged from the original I spec'd in 1984 except for the stock and the ARMS #18 rail.

This rifle will include the following 10 new 20rd CMI magazines, 3 USGI 20rd mags 1- 10rd(shown) and 1-5rd mag, 4 mag followers, 1 GI combo tool, 1 GI castle nut pliers, mag clip guide, factory original box, original build sheet. $2500 shipped insured to your FFL.
Additional detailed pictures available to serious buyers. Not looking for trades.
Multiple GI parts available separately to buyer, References on request. Escrow payment through my FFL if desired.
DSC-4587.jpg
DSC-4607.jpg

Edited by MEW
change