Stunning Rare Savage Commercial 1928 Thompson Sub Machine Gun

Greasegunner

Iconic "Commercial" Savage 1928 Thompson Machine gun. PD Marked "MPD" The Tom Davis Book has other examples as Pictured. William Douglas Firearms Museum states only 150 of this variation made. Serial 17738 ; low number since the last Colt was 15041. Commercially Finished Like the Colts and in many Cases with Colt parts. This one has a Colt "anchor" proofed Buttstock, Colt Fire Control Parts.There were six Savage 1928 and 1928a1 Variations
and this is the first one and the rarest. It has the New York Address and Patent Numbers Just like the Colts.These Commercial Guns for the Most Part Did not See the Harsher Military Service of the 1928a1's Retains over 90% of the original Du Lite Finish.
Both Upper and Lower Halves Matching Serial Numbers. This example is more rare than any of the 15,000 Colts.One  30 Round Magazine and 3 20 round pre war NY Mags , A great addition for the Advanced Collector.
This is on a Form 3 And will be E-Filed for Immediate Transfer at $40,995!

738a.jpg

738b.jpg

738c.jpg

738d.jpg

738e.jpg

738f.jpg

738g.jpg

738h.jpg

738i.jpg

738j.jpg

738k.jpg

738l.jpg

738m.jpg

738n.jpg

738o.jpg

738p.jpg

738q.jpg

738r.jpg

738s.jpg

738t.jpg

Edited by Greasegunner
better photos of drum

Nice! Actually more rare than Colt 1921's according to some writers (and collectors) Memphis P D I believe is who I researched as having acquired "a number" of these and marked them accordingly..

Most of these guns trickled out into circulation from MPD, and most appeared in original, un -shot condition through the 1980's! Apparently City purchased more for a P.R. move than actual use.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...