Mac11 gunsmith

TheArmoryShooterSupply

The same thing happened to my brothers M10/9mm. Dang thing was new still in the box and the rear of the receiver broke off in less than 100 rounds. You could tell the welds were crappy. He sent it to Mike Woodward at TSC and he did a great job of fixing it. Beautiful welds, refinish and I don't think it will ever happen again :)

TOBROOKS, for my records, who was the original mfg'r?  A TEXAS MAC ? they are the only mfg'r I have ever heard of that had bad welds from the get go and broke when new .  of course I have seen and fixed most brands over the years  but I'M talking about guns that were USED and beat to tar. I have welded the rear and added plates too the front on quite a few for friends in the past. my first IMI UZI has been welded at the rear twice also. lets face it with a lot of use, we are asking a LOT from those little packages and its inevitable over time. ANY GOOD HELIARC MAN can weld it in less than an hour, and its perfectly legal IF you are PRESENT during the ENTIRE procedure and don't drop it off.  of course then you are faced with the refinish etc if you want it perfect when done. my POWDER SPRINGS 45, I don't bother with refinish anymore. last time it cracked I just hit it with a wire wheel and welded it up then hit it with an oil rag while still cooling and it almost matches. please let me know who made the gun in question. cheers mike

7 hours ago, mike todd said:

TOBROOKS, for my records, who was the original mfg'r?  A TEXAS MAC ? they are the only mfg'r I have ever heard of that had bad welds from the get go and broke when new .  of course I have seen and fixed most brands over the years  but I'M talking about guns that were USED and beat to tar. I have welded the rear and added plates too the front on quite a few for friends in the past. my first IMI UZI has been welded at the rear twice also. lets face it with a lot of use, we are asking a LOT from those little packages and its inevitable over time. ANY GOOD HELIARC MAN can weld it in less than an hour, and its perfectly legal IF you are PRESENT during the ENTIRE procedure and don't drop it off.  of course then you are faced with the refinish etc if you want it perfect when done. my POWDER SPRINGS 45, I don't bother with refinish anymore. last time it cracked I just hit it with a wire wheel and welded it up then hit it with an oil rag while still cooling and it almost matches. please let me know who made the gun in question. cheers mike

Mike off the top of my head I don't remember, My brother works for Duke Energy and they are out on storm repair at the Outer Banks. As soon as I talk to him I will let you know for sure. I was standing right beside him when it broke and fell off.

• 4 weeks later...