Approved at Last!

MontanaRenegade86

Finally!

I just called the NFA Branch to check on a Form 4 that was received by them on September 27, 2018. It was approved on August 22, 2019. At 330 days, this has been the longest I've waited for a Form.

I have talked with numerous NFA Branch call center representatives over the past several years - Samantha and Jennifer are the most pleasant and helpful. The dudes that answer the phones, well...they could probably use some people skills.

For what it's worth, the item in question is a very early MK760 - one of the first sixty made in Irvine, CA. It seems to shoot just fine. 

In Liberty,

Kristopher

24 minutes ago, riflejunky said:

I did five at one time last fall with about the same time frame. I did have to provide updated info on three of them including photos. Jessica was very nice and quite helpful.

Have you received approval yet? If not, you should be damned close. 

Did they have a problem with your photos? 

Congrats kristopher I hope my form 4s come in sooner then that I was told they are avg 7 months but from what your saying it's almost 12 months... let me know how you like that mk760 I think I'll pick one up some day I just need to continue getting educated on them.

2 hours ago, Thumpy said:

Congrats kristopher I hope my form 4s come in sooner then that I was told they are avg 7 months but from what your saying it's almost 12 months... let me know how you like that mk760 I think I'll pick one up some day I just need to continue getting educated on them.

Thanks!

NFATracker shows that a few people are getting approvals from mid-to-late November. I think they are slowly picking up speed.

My advice is to call NFA Branch at about 9 months and keep after them. They won't tell you too many specifics, but you can ask if your Forms have been assigned to an examiner. Once the Form has been assigned, you are getting really close to approval, unless you get stuck in a background-check black hole. 

Best of luck, brother.

-Kristopher

No problem with photos. Had to send in pictures of tape measure against the barrel to verify length. Pictures of markings on a 1918 BAR. Don’t sweat calling because I have had issues in the past where they wanted more info but had not made contact. My call helped them out. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back approval on a US PROP M-16A1 I sent in this MAY!  THATS LESS THAN $ MONTHS! ? wish the b*#tch would get of her ass and process my FN 240! waiting on the form 4 to my dealer! THEN I can do my end!  that's the one I prey comes in b-4 I go. all the rest are "spares"

• 2 weeks later...