Thompson, M1, C&R, Bridgeport

Ruben Mendiola

Thompson, M1, Auto Ordnance Corporation, Bridgeport, CT, a Very Nice WWII Gun

$26,995.00

Florida residents are subject to Florida Sales tax.

Dealernfa, Inc 

Ruben Mendiola 

President

305-271-3436 

866-NFA-WANT (866-632-9268) Toll Free

866-415-7066 Toll Free Fax

305- 718 -4976 Fax 

In stock in the Great & Wonderful State of Florida and ready to transfer to your dealer via ATF eForm.

Please visit our website for more detailed images that can be magnified at: 

www.dealernfa.com

We are dealers and not Brokers, All firearms are in stock under my control and owned by me.

Always looking for and paying top dollar for high quality legally registered machine gun, please either call me on my Toll Free line, email or fax. I pay the ATF transfer tax and payment is sent overnight. 

Over 30 years in the Class III Business. Dealing with high quality legal firearms is not a hobby but my profession; you will receive well deserved fast professional service. 

Serving you personally 7 days a week from 8:00 A. M. to 9:00 PM (Eastern)

56d0728614398_156497-1@2x.jpg.7e9766f1ab56d07286b7cc4_156497-2@2x.jpg.9cfe93ab4e56d072879cf21_156497-3@2x.jpg.cdaee2208856d0728869ad4_156497-4@2x.jpg.5b8940409756d072892ca4f_156497-5@2x.jpg.ba4b7179ca56d0728a143ad_156497-6@2x.jpg.c3181aebf656d0728ae8a3c_156497-7@2x.jpg.12ed29a6ee56d0728bf2661_156497-8@2x.jpg.5ec108f8cc56d0728cdc6d5_156497-9@2x.jpg.4be66a6f3756d0728dc1928_156497-10@2x.jpg.c07e9461d56d0728eb55e4_156497-11@2x.jpg.561174434

• 2 weeks later...

You need to Call Ruben. He is Not following this Ad. Direct communication is always best when contact is available, as in this case. Call him and you will get the info you seek. I've done one deal with him and it was professional in all respects. He has a very good reputation in our community because he has earned it over many years with tons of satisfied customers...

No problem with your question - I'd guess it Was re-finished. However, I am Guessing. Ruben will Answer the burning question IF you Call him! Just trying to help an obvious FNG (New Guy) out here... If you'd like Results (i.e. Answers to your questions), why not contact him at his Posted E-mail and/or Phone Numbers? He is NOT following his Ads - he Posts and then waits for contact. He is Not actively viewing his Ads after he posts them. Here is Another way of saying it - Ruben does Not actually know you are asking him questions! So contact him!

Like most WWII Thompsons I would assume it was Arsenal refinished as it looks to nice to have been used in battle

If you have a question specially after hours the best thing to do is pick up the phone and call me on my dime

i don't make it habit to go surfing different websites to answer questions from folks that don't want to pick up the phone and call

I'm available to answer the phone from 8 AM to 9 PM, 7 days a week and I'll gladly pay for your call

Dealernfa, Inc 

Ruben Mendiola 

President

305-271-3436 

866-NFA-WANT (866-632-9268) Toll Free

866-415-7066 Toll Free Fax

305- 718 -4976 Fax 

you have to contact Ruben through his website and you will find he replies almost instantly...i have emailed back and forth with him a few times and he offers the best service x2 of anyone else you will find in the FA market..

the gun is most likely refinished like most war guns

911turbo (and others) .. the generally preferred method of responding to a seller is to look at their ad for guidance... If they post an email/phone number in their ad, then that is generally the way they prefer to be contacted... If they don't then look towards sending them a PM via the site, and you want to go that extra mile, note in an ad response "PM Sent" - this sometimes helps sellers know who was interested first if they are suddenly barraged with 5 buyers interested in the same item.  If you still aren't hearing back from a seller, then you can try another post under the item in question asking them to check their email/voicemail/PM, etc. and maybe you can also ask for additional info.

Sometimes when dealing with high interest items buyers will ask condition details in their follow ups as well, so other potential buyers can benefit from the response.

Buyers and sellers can also mark a post with the "Notify me of replies" slider - so they don't miss any direct responses to their ads.

In the case of Ruben at DealerNFA, he is often traveling around looking at collections, etc.. so calling him is the fastest way to reach him... and he also has additional quality pics of the items that he is selling on his site, that you can reference.

1 hour ago, 911turbo said:

so would it be a WWII refinish in your mind or a modern refinish and how could i tell the difference. i see that a lot of the markings are almost removed due to the refinishing processes

911turbo,

I don't know that anyone can say with 100% certainty that this M1 Thompson was refinished a second time after it was arsenal rebuilt.  Maybe it was.  It has the markings of an arsenal rebuild.  The stock indicates a rebuild at Mount Rainier Arsenal.  These were not treated as collectors items when they were rebuilt by the government.  The original markings are muted, and it has definitely been refinished.  Tens of thousands of Thompsons were considered unserviceable during and after the war, and went through the rebuild process at various arsenals.  These Thompsons survived a war, and were used in that war with corrosive ammunition as tools to destroy the enemy.  They likely had their barrels replaced, and were re-parkerized at a minimum before they went back into service, or were placed in storage.  Many Thompsons that were placed in storage after rebuild have a grey/green hue to their finish, because cosmoline apparently had an effect on the Parco-Lubrite finish that was applied during rebuild.  

My suggestion is to go to the Machinegunboards.com Thompson forum, and discuss the specifics of this Thompson there.  I also suggest getting some books.  American Thunder III, by Frank Iannamico would help you learn more about M1 Thompsons, including the arsenal rebuild process.  You can make a better informed decision after consulting these sources.  If you are apprehensive about spending this kind of money on an M1 Thompson, then you need to take the time and effort to become as fully informed as possible before making such a purchase.  That may mean that this one gets away, and you have to look for another one.  It's your decision.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• Like 1

many/most thompsons are not original guns...they are all mismatch parts, most military ones are refinished and not numbers matching....when i chose mine i searched for a police thompson because the odds of it being more original were on my side....since ive been looking at thompsons for the past 6 months ive only seen 1 or 2 military thompsons that were original finish, numbers matching.....all have been mismatch and refinished....those 1 or 2 were 1928a1's.....i have not seen a M1 that has its original finish in my limited time searching........

my other FA's were NIB to make things easy...with a thompson there isnt an easy path...its a frustrating journey if your impatient like i am....thompsons arent coming up very often, but when they do most sit for a month or 2 before selling at a lower price.

Edited by huggytree

• 1 month later...