People Are Not Buying Guns

According to FBI statistics, a lot less people are buying guns in the United States since Election Day. Most experts who study the data say that this is due to the election of a president that supports gun rights. We believe this is true but is also likely a simple answer. Trump’s election removed a sense of urgency that people who were worried about changes to gun rights were feeling.

Trump’s election removed a sense of urgency that people who were worried about changes to gun rights were feeling.

At this point, I would totally agree that there is NO mad dash to buy up guns, even with the most recent shootings (which I hate to see).

Last night in NH, President Trump specifically mentioned, our 2nd amendment will be protected. There may be a "red flag" added, but we will still have our rights. as far as the red flag stuff, I agree and disagree with it. It boils down to How will it would be enforced, that is the million dollar question?

It seems like a red flag person would be guilty before presumed innocent, all because a person made a call to the Po Po? I would hope not!

Another factor many people may not be taking into account is that in some states, having a concealed handgun permit/license exempts you from a NICS check, so if more people are getting such permits/licenses and buying guns, their purchases would not be reflected in the statistics...

2 hours ago, Toad said:

Another factor many people may not be taking into account is that in some states, having a concealed handgun permit/license exempts you from a NICS check, so if more people are getting such permits/licenses and buying guns, their purchases would not be reflected in the statistics...

Absolutely correct.

I have had my Concealed Weapons Permit since February 2011 and have not been NICS'ed outside of the two permit renewals. 

Also, some states do not require a NICS check on private sales.

In Liberty,

KristopherH

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY ARE JUST USING NIC'S to track all the sales?  while it certainly would be the most accurate , perhaps some survey stats or other means is also or at least a part of it.  while actual volume might be down. prices for all the "collector grade" guns are on the rise and have by a steady margin at all the auction houses. the trend is one or two types will rise and maybe one will stay the same. but the category will change from type to type depending on how many are offered.  the BREAD AND BUTTER guns like many AR variations , GLOCKS etc will often drop one sale , but rise back to normal the next for some reason with the yearly average staying pretty solid or slightly higher. the MAIN variable at these auctions effecting price is HOW MANY EQUAL EXAMPLES ARE OFFERED AT THE SALE TIME. too many lugers and the price will end up low. since 2013 I have been on the phone LIVE for EVERY LOT EVERY DAY at ALL the major auctions and the data holds true for them all. too many "mid level" higher grade WINCHESTER lever guns and the price will drop. at the last R.I. internet auction , post 80's COLT- 1911's hammered at $450 and COLT M-4's  $700. my point is GUNS ARE SELLING when the price is right for the market and they ALWAYS WILL !

I JUST RECIEVED DATA from the SOUTHWICK ASSOCIATES REPORT. and overall money spent in the shooting sports industry is up by more than 11% over the past year. YES ammunition and "some" firearms are down. but the increases in traditional and collector category's  cancelled all the loss and was in part responsible for the 11% growth another portion came from folks improving what the already own  with more acc and better optics etc. all this was in spite of all the DAMAGE the "BLUE BOOK OF VALUES" is still actively contributing. let's all close our eyes and imagine the "typical" 200 table gun show. every Winchester 94 no matter the physical proof is in excellent condition and priced EXACTLY THE SAME. every S+W 66 4" is excellent and priced the same, every 870 rem is priced the same etc. the only variation is priced $50 higher, because " I really don't care if I sell it or not" and the only reason you managed to get that response was he was completely bored out of his mind, just thought he might try and pick up a few extra bucks this month. WHY MUST WE APOLOGIZE FOR CALLING SOMEONE AND ASKING A QUESTION OR IS IT IN STOCK? tell me the last time you were treated like an actual customer at CABELLA'S or most ANY gun store by an employee working there longer than 3 weeks? it used to a fact in the trade the only time you were insulted was looking at a firearm in the pawn shop quarter and you went in ready for combat. now when the buzzer rings at the front door most of the time you will only get a dirty look and folks think they still have the right to complain about the LACK OF BUSINESS?  YES, I KNOW, there ARE a FEW good ones out there, but they are an exception not the RULE. 1 lets all try to get a bit better and work on the nice,our only enemy's out there are ALL the politicians. NOT SOME, ALL

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...